Saturday 6 September 2008

Exercise Bands - resistance band, p90x


I just got the bands in and started my p90x routine today.... within 5 minutes I snapped a band... Uh oh... I decided to email bodylastics regarding this to see what they would do... I instantly got a reply stating that they figured I was using it with p90x when this happened... ding ding ding..



They offered to send out a replacement part tomorrow with my shipping address and offered this information below regarding using the bodylastics bands with p90x..



overall great product when used properly, and can't beat customer service that replaces a product and replies that fast --



*****************

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the bands. That is very unusual for a Bodylastics band. I will have a new one sent to you, if you respond to this email with your ship to address. I can help but guess that you could be following the P90x routine. If I am wrong, please let me know but...



Here is the must have tip for that workout routine. There are a few exercises that will be less than perfect the way they suggests you do them with the bands. The exercises are the heavy pants, the lawnmower, and the back flies. The tip is simple. The Bodylastics handles can be removed from the bands. Lets do that. Take off the handles and literally grab on to the band underneath the clip system. This will ensure you have no slack at the start of the exercise (the P90X video suggests that you need to start those exercises with a certain amount of slack in the bands because you need a certain amount of elastic to complete the exercise motion). Using this tip will make sure you have enough band length to complete the exercise motion also.



Keep in mind that you may come across an exercise that works a muscle or muscle group and the way the exercise is being performed is not comfortable for you. When this happens, remember that you have a Bodylastics book with a list of exercises that should be used to substitute any exercise used in any given program.



We discovered the tips while reviewing the program with the Bodylastics system. I am sure these will make the difference for you. Although I would again recommend watching the [...]. I hope this helps. Please feel free to respond if you have further question.



Here are the links to the videos of the tips for the P90x program:



all exercises

[...]

**************** Bodylastics 13-Piece Maximum Tension Quick-Clip Resistance Band System

I was and still am a free weight kind of guy ever since highschool. I moved into an apartment with my girlfriend and found myself in the terrible predicament of having to sacrifice my weight bench and various other equipment in exchange for living space. In so doing I needed to find an alternate workout solution. I came across bodylastics on accident. I am a skeptic by nature but read the reviews and decided why not?

Having owned these bands for the better part of a year I have been able to achieve the same results as those of my weight bench. Not only am I satisfied with the quality of the product I am impressed with how challenging these bands really are! After using these bands I found that I was excersizing muscles that I never could with the weight bench! Don't get me wrong the weight bench has it's place. But not for my goals. For my goals these bands, a stability ball and a Iron Gym Extreme workout bar is really all I need to get the results I want. I also mountain bike for cardio. Being a busy person and usually finding it tough to spend much time working out these bands have proven a great fast solution to saving me time. Their construction is superb and truly do make other resistance bands look weak and frail. I will say you should probably use flat shoes or shoes without a lot of tread. This will prolong the life of your bands. There are books out there that provide info on the excersizes and workout schedules on how to use these bands as well. I am going to be trying the P90X workout here soon. Or at least portions of it.

I have been reading reviews on bodylastics but have not seen any good comparisons to Lifeline USA products. So here is my take on both products. I tried the Lifeline USA TNT bands and they are far cleaner design. My main problem with them is that the weight advertised is 40lbs a band and with all 3 bands it should be 120lb, but that is not true at all. With all three bands it felt more like 30lbs. The design is very easy to do all band exercises and comfortable to use. I like them but the cost of additional bands to make more resistance is too expensive.The bands are top notch, i can even say they are higher quality than the bodylastics.



I am not saying bodylastics bands are bad either. They are just very clunky design, the vinyl strap that holds the clip and band gets in the way of almost every exercise and is very uncomfortable to use. You have you have to adjust your form to make them not scratch you. The handles compared to the hard handles of Lifeline don't feel like great while doing exercises. The praise for bodylastics comes from the bands, they are labeled and do feel like the weight labeled. The Black band which is 23lbs feels like 23lbs on each side and all the bands together do feel like 60ish lbs since they are actually difficult to curl. For the resistance/cost, it does beat Lifeline.



I would like for bodylastics to develop a hard handle like Lifeline since it may improve use of the cables. The Accessories seem kinda dinky, with loose strings all over the place. I can forgive that since it comes with so many bands.



Overall its a decent product but the quality seems to be beat by Lifeline, I will most likely want to use both products since they both each have their own benefits.



Bodylastics

pros: Band resistance is very close to rating, lots of accessories, lots of bands to make different weights, decent price



Cons: Clunky design, materials could be better



Lifeline USA

Pros: clean design, easy to do exercises, material quality is very high such as the handles and the bands, its cheaper but less resistance



Cons: band resistance rating is not accurate, additional bands cost more, only 3 bands at a time.



Well those are my 2 cents on these two products. - Resistance Bands - P90x - Resistance Band - Exercise Band'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise Bands - resistance band, p90x p90x Exercise Bands - resistance band, p90x