Wednesday 24 September 2008

Kindle Accessory - ebook reader, battery


Pros -

Charges the Kindle quickly (although this is more a property of the Kindle itself)

It's white - this helps to differentiate it from the brazillions of other charging devices cluttering my life.



Cons -

Metal pin is fragile - don't put too much force on the connection pin to the Kindle. It's easy to snap off and not as easy to repair. Hence - me writing this review of a replacement charger in the first place...



Summary -

It's a no frills charger, and it does ithe job well. Amazon 1st Generation Kindle Replacement Power Adapter

The Kindle Power Adapter works just as it should, charges the unit without a problem. I appreciate the way they positioned the prongs on the unit, so it works sideways giving it a low profile and allowing me to plug in to an extension cord or a regular outlet that may already have a few 'fat' adapter on it. This is a space-saver , especially if one has many gadgets.

Myself you can't go wrong with ordering the original adapter for the Kindle. Yes, there are others out on the market, but for a home AC adapter, this is what I think is best. It's the one that Amazon makes, has a long cord and you know you're getting the right product. Yes, they were on backorder but now they're in. I ordered an two extra to keep on hand for those "just in case" scenes.

I needed an extra charger for my Kindle, and so purchased this one, which is a twin to the one that came with the Kindle in the first place. What can I say? It works, and it's convenient to be able to recharge the Kindle's batteries at the office as well as at home.

Nice and compact unit. I love the small size and white color. I hate those other big, black power supplies many other devices use. Amazon, like Apple, did it right. Nice job Amazon !!!



I bought this so I have one for my office to keep my Kindle always charged and ready to go.



Juice it up baby !

I purchased my Kindle in October and I am all ready having to replace the power adapter. It is very fragile. I love the Kindle, but having to put out $17.00 more for an additional adapter makes me unhappy. Since it is so fragile, it should be less expensive or given to owners of the Kindle for free.



P.S. There are none in stock now, so I have to wait.



Not Happy

I use my Kindle several hours a day, every day. I got tired of being at work and realizing that I had let the battery run down. My bad. Now I keep one adapter in my backpack and the other in my kitchen. I never worry about running out of juice in the middle of a great book no matter what time of day or where I am. And for the price, this is one very worth-it investment.

This product works fine. Unlike some rechargers I have dealt with, the connection is solid and doesn't become loose with time. My only warning is that be careful that you do not accidentally step on the cord (which is a pretty good length) when you pick up the Kindle. Twice, I have done this and pulled the little wire out of the connection, forcing me to buy two replacements (so far).

Although my beloved Kindle holds its charge well, sometimes I discover that I've allowed its battery to lapse when I'm somewhere other than at home.



I now own a spare battery. Problems of the sort I just described are history. But .. to charge the spare it's necessary to remove the Kindle's battery (it has little wires and a miniature connector) and replace it with the uncharged spare. This isn't something one would want to do any more frequently than necessary. If you folks at Kindle read these comments, please consider, on your next rev power adapter, a special connector for charging spare batteries. And while you're at it, how about adding a little pocket on your next rev Kindle cover to hold that battery spare.



The power adapter deserves 5 stars, but I'll withhold that 5th star until the day arrives when I can charge my spare battery without having to remove the back of my Kindle. - Battery - Kindle Accessory - Travel Charger - Ebook Reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle Accessory - ebook reader, battery travel charger Kindle Accessory - ebook reader, battery