Wednesday 24 September 2008

Handsfree Streaming A2dp Car-kit - belkin bluetooth auto aux, handsfree streaming a2dp car-kit


I am building a 'headunit replacement' in my car, because I couldn't find any headunit available that could do everything I wanted. Think of it like a carputer (computer in your car) but instead of a computer, your smart phone controls everything.



I combined this with a phone dock, a Clarion 7 channel EQ, a Kenwood amp to power my speakers, and an MTX amp and Boston subwoofer.



This is almost what I wanted! What I wanted out of this was a device that I could power on a switched 12v lead and leave inside my dash with only the mic/button sitting on my dash, so when I turned the car on I would have my phone linked up via bluetooth and have handsfree with the option of playing music. Well this device doesn't auto-connect, you have to push the (larger than I expected) button for it to connect.



-The mic seems to work great, the audio cable length is plenty and includes a good length optional extension as well.

-Audio levels are fine, most stereo's and EQ's have line level adjustments to set this so the volume level matches your other sources.





I think I'll be returning this before my 30 days are up and will try another car kit in hopes I'll find something exactly like this, except that auto-connects to my device without interaction. Belkin Bluetooth In-Car Adapter

I just bought this item after having a lot of trouble finding something that fit my needs. I wanted a bluetooth adapter for calls and music from my Android based phone that would output to the aux on my car stereo, and could be moved between cars.



This item consists of a cigarette adapter with a USB port(for charging the phone), and two wires. One is wired to a big glowing button that can end calls, start music, etc and contains the microphone. The other wire is the audio output to the stereo.



The item does everything I want it to. The only downside is that the button is magnetic, and they provide a magnetic strip to attach the button to your dash. I do not have a good flat surface on my car to mount it, so I hung it with a clip from one of the air vents. But that is more a reflection on my car design than the item.

I had been researching for a while and came across this product. Prior to this purchase i had been running an AUX cable from the back of my car stereo into the phone. This would leave a long cable out and just made it look really sloppy. I read the reviews and felt majority were positive enough. I installed this right away and ran the cables so that they were hidden. Prior reviewers complained of the sound quality, DO NOT listen to these reviews. The sound quality is amazing and there are no flaws in that department. I think it might have been issues with their CD players or the quality of the music and not this product. I cannot comment on the Bluetooth portion, due to the fact that my cars cabin is not quiet enough for this to work in a way that it should. The bottom line is that for this price and the quality this is a good buy. Disregard previous reviews.

I took a big risk purchasing this product, since Belkin is known for making poor quality products... The risk was worth it! I could not be more pleased with this product so far. Not only does this product look cool and actually work as advertised, but there is no other solution quite like this (most similar products are built into a mounting base). Once unboxed, the first thing you will notice is the size and design. This thing is small! The diameter of the "disc" is about the size of a Poker chip. You can mount it anywhere you want using the included mounting disc, and the cord is also long enough to plug into a center console outlet but still mount to the dash. Everything you need is included in the box. Setup was super easy -- just plug it in and pair with your device. It works great with my iPhone 4. The quality of the Bluetooth speakerphone is what you would expect from devices like this -- it sounds clear on your end, but clearly sounds like a speakerphone on the other end. Just make sure to mount it in a position where the microphone (above the Belkin logo) can pick up your voice.

We have a 2010 Honda CR-V which has two 12 volt power supplies; one below the radio and one on the console between the driver and passenger seat which also houses the MP3 jack.



This device is excellent for my purposes which is to either play my iPhone songs or streaming radio music. It does both well. There was no bluetooth hesitation and the pairing from the Belkin device to my iPhone was easy. The only thing I wish it would do is to pair automatically after the initial pairing like my Motorola bluetooth headphone.



At first I thought there would be a problem since the MP3 connector cable was short; made to connect to the radio jack. The CR-V jack is at least 18" away. Surprisingly, an extension cable is included which provided enough length to connect to the jack. Now I can have the device mounted near the radio with the included tape and magnet). I ran all the wires under the floor mats so they don't get in the was; almost like it it built-in now. If I need more or less bass/treble I can adjust through the car stereo function.



I used this with the Magellan Roadmate navigation app on my iPhone and now can really hear the turn-by turn instructions through the vehicle speakers.



Great product and purchase.

I bought this product having never used an A2DP receiver before, so I was a bit skeptical about how audio quality would be, for both music and calls. When I finished pairing the device, which took all of 30 seconds, I immediately started up PowerAMP on my HTC Thunderbolt and hit play. I honestly could not tell a difference between the bluetooth connection and a straight wired one. I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting a bluetooth enabled car.

This bluetooth car kit is easy, intuitive, and works great! Other reviews fault having to push a button and no flat surfaces in their car to attach it too -- focusing on the design and technology it looks and works great and, with an iPhone anyway, there are no issues with weak volume. It works so well I am getting a power converter so I can use one as home as well. - Handsfree Streaming A2dp Car-kit - Belkin Bluetooth Auto Aux'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Handsfree Streaming A2dp Car-kit - belkin bluetooth auto aux, handsfree streaming a2dp car-kit belkin bluetooth auto aux Handsfree Streaming A2dp Car-kit - belkin bluetooth auto aux, handsfree streaming a2dp car-kit