Wednesday 24 September 2008

Environmentally Friendly - earth friendly, environmentally friendly


I am very pleased with Ecos Laundry Detergent. Not only is it healthier to use because it contains no strange chemicals but it smells fantastic and actually works just as good if not better than your average detergent. I truly enjoy the fact that my clothes don't have that "perfumed" smell you typically get from most detergents, this product does have a smell (that of magnolia and lily) but it is rather faint and is from essential oils not artificial perfumes.



I highly recommend this laundry detergent. I also think it is a great buy here at Amazon.com because you get it in bulk. I reckon I now have enough to last me a whole year! Earth Friendly Products Ecos 2x Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lily, 100-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 4)

At frist I tried Seventh Generation but didn't care for it, I then found "Ecos" and it's by far "the best" laundry cleaner I've used, plus it comes with softner in it. Now I don't use the term "detergent" anymore because all the junk was taken out of it. I've used Ecos for quite while now and absolutely love it. Just a tiny bit goes a long way. I original found this product at World Market. This deal on Amazon is a good one, I'm signing up for automatic delivery. I would highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone. My clothes comes out clean, soft and I don't iron anymore. I don't know if it has to do with the "cleaner" but it's a wonderful thing. There is another cleaner that is good for dishes, that's "Planet". As far as other cleaners for the house I make my own now, they are earth friendly, cheap to make and clean really well. I can't believe how much money I've wasted in the past buying many different detergents, cleaners, sprays, etc. for our house, plus they have so much toxins and chemicals in them it's terrible. I wish everyone would take a good look at what is in their cleaning products because they get poured down our drains and you know where that ends up. It's amazing what companies call "natural", "healthy", there are no regulations right now for those terms, anyone can "say" anything about their product. The only regulation is for "organic". So you "MUST" look at what's in your cleaning product, foods in any form, detergents, facial cleansers, moisturizers, make-up, lotions, lipstick, deoderant, etc. it's amazing how many chemicals and toxins are in those items. Read the ingredients before you buy. Know what those words mean. There are websites where you can look up what's in the cosmetics you use, the moisturizers, the facial cleaners, the cleaning products for your house, etc. and find out how safe they are for you. If they're not safe for you imagin how unsafe they are for the earth because whatever you put on yourself or you clean with it eventually gets washed down the drain either in the sink or shower. Even soap!! Sorry for the long review but I wish everyone would take better care of themselves and look at what they're eating and take better care of the earth, it's not hard to do. In fact, it's even cheaper if you just make your own beauty products, cleaning products etc. you know what's in them and you know there are no chemicals or toxins. There are recipes on the web just look them up.



If "everyone" made a "little" effort could you imagin how that would affect the earth. Go back to basics.

This detergent is awesome! It works great on getting the dirt out of my kids' clothes! The Magnolia and Lily scent is wonderful, not heavy and perfumy, but just enough. It has fabric softener in it, so you don't need to purchase a separate bottle. The ingredients are 100% natural, so I feel better knowing all those toxic chemicals in traditional laundry soap aren't rubbing up against my kids's skin (have you checked out the ingredients in those major brands? Yuck.) Plus, this detergent is environmentally friendly, what could be better?

This is my all time favorite laundry detergent! I've been using the Ecos Magnolia/Lily for over a year and a half. My laundry comes out clean, soft, and smells heavenly. The Magnolia/Lily scent is light and just smells clean. It's not heavy or floral (which gives me a headache). I will never switch to another brand. I also love that Ecos is for High Efficiency washing machines and safe for the environment. The price on Amazon for Subscribe & Save on the 4-pack is the best. Ecos is over $13 a bottle where I live. Highly recommended...

I really wanted to like this detergent because I try to use as many environmentally friendly cleaning products as possible. Unfortunately, this stuff simply does not work to remove dirt and stains, AT ALL. I'm not talking about ketchup, oil, red wine or blood stains--as those can be tough to remove even with the harshest of chemicals. I'm talking simple dirt on a sock from shoes that got muddy, or dust from a reusable cloth that was used to wipe down some shelves, or soil from a dish cloth. Things come out of the washer looking like you forgot to add soap at all. I even tried boosting the laundry with Borax, using hot water, using a longer wash cycle... none of which did anything to make my laundry any cleaner.



The light, non-sickening fragrance is nice, and it's nice to see someone trying to make safer detergent. Unfortunately, I want my laundry to actually be clean if I am gonna expend the time, water, and electricity to get it done.



Please do not waste your money on this product unless you don't mind half of your laundry coming out looking like it's still dirty. It's not asking for miracles to expect your laundry detergent to get simple dirt out from a sock. Green products will never catch on with the mainstream unless they can produce some reasonably similar results to those products that harm our environment.

We are a very green family and have used 44 bottles of this laundry detergent since December 2008 -- all purchased from Amazon.(44 bottles in 28 months, or one bottle about every two weeks -- OK, I do laundry every day!) In the last three months, I noticed our clothing was beginning to "smell". Further, my whites had slowly become grey -- little by little. Over time, I had increased the amount of detergent per load. Then, I started to add chlorine bleach to my white loads. (Didn't want to do this, but I wanted clean clothing.)

Here are some facts: Initally, I loved this detergent. Clothes were clean (I had switched from Tide) and smelled fresh. Then, after 18 months of use I noticed that "ring around the collar" was happening. I bought some stain remover, and began pre-treating my laundry. Next, it became clear that my whites were not as white as I wanted. So I started adding more detergent -- not much at first, a smidge more, until I realized I was using twice as much detergent as I had at the beginning.

Then about three months ago, I went to adding bleach to my white loads. Now my whites are clean again, and hatefully, smell of chlorine.

My dark loads, which did not smell of chlorine because I did not bleach them, started to smell -- well, dirty. I did not really care about our blue jeans, but I suddenly realized that I did not want to get close to another person in a dark top -- because, well, I smelled dirty.

Initially, I put the smell down to the fact that I had not moved the clothes from washer to dryer or clothes line fast enough. But I knew that was just an excuse. My dark clothing definenitly smelled.

I went searching for another eco-friendy detergent, and found reviewers of PlanetPlanet Ultra Liquid Laundry Detergent, 100 Fluid-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 4) had experienced the same problem. Product good for a long time, in my case, 18 months, then the "smell".

So, I just cancelled my "subscribe and save" order for Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia and Lily and went back to Tide.

So, it may be that one can use an eco-friendly, non-petroleum based detergent for quite a while -- maybe a year?

Then I think one needs to switch to a petroleum-based product -- for a while. I will come back to Ecos at some point in the future. But can't wear smelly clothes!

I hope the manufacturers of "eco-friendly" detergents will address this problem.

We have given this product five stars because it really works excellently for some time. Then fails dramatically. - Liquid Detergent - Eco-friendly - Earth Friendly - Environmentally Friendly'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Environmentally Friendly - earth friendly, environmentally friendly earth friendly Environmentally Friendly - earth friendly, environmentally friendly