Sunday 21 September 2008

Comfortable Headphones - running headphones, earhook


Bought these for exercising with because my previous "hook" earphones were always popping out of my earhole, having to be stuck back in all the time. The hook would hold onto my ear, but the actual bud part kept falling out of my ear so they were basically useless. These are a huge improvement, the bud stays securely in place in your ear through pretty rigorous activity and there is never any need to adjust it. I have slightly smaller ears, but the earhook itself is adjustable to a few different positions so I imagine it would fit most ear sizes. The cord's also got one of those cinch-up things to keep the headphones from getting too tangled during storage. They look very sleek and have a lower profile than most other earphones I've come across, which is a plus.



I tested these out with my normal exercise/training routine and they stayed in place the entire time - through running, weightlifting, and even jumping rope (something previous earphones never seemed to be able to handle). The sound quality was more than adequate in my experience. Unless you're an audiophile you should be pleased with the audio quality on these, especially in terms of the price paid. They also do an excellent job of noise isolation, which I wasn't expecting - great if you have obnoxious neighbors or can't stand the music at the gym, perhaps not so great if you run/bike on streets and need to hear oncoming vehicles. I would go with an over-the-ear style headphone in that case.



These are definitely the best sport earphones for under $20 I have come across. JVC HAEB75A Sports Clip Headphone (Blue)

So the fit isn't the greatest, and the sound quality is good but not fantastic... why would I give these 4 stars? Because they don't go anywhere while you're working out! You can jump around, run, move, duck, twist...whatever. These headphones stay on your ears where they're supposed to, and that's the number one quality I look for in sports headphones.



The earbud portion is actually too big for me and doesn't fit in my ear like I would expect, but they still stay put. Additionally, it's a bit uncomfortable to wear these for 2 hours+, but they serve my purposes for working out quite well.



I would buy these again.

I have gone through a ton of headphones for use at the gym and needed a new pair (replacing a panasonic of similar style). I, personally think these are good but slightly preferred the panasonic. Ok so as to the size: I am well over six feet tall and they do fit me well. The black part (that goes around your ears) expands and retracts to fit different size ears but I think these would fit Shaq easily as I wear them all the way retracted. The bottom line, if you are petite or have petite ears, these are probably not the best choice for you. As to fit: They fit well once you figure out they need to be rotated forward (the entire unit is supposed to sit more horizontal (like the sun coming up). Once you get the clip set at the right size and rotate it forward, they stay on very well. The sound: it is good, not the best but more than adequate. I can hear easily when I plug it in at the gym and I don't have to crank the volume like I did with some of the "open air" headphones. Overall, these are a solid pair of headphones that are not too expensive, work nicely at the gym and fit well once you get the feel for them. My only cautions: petite ears and remember to rotate the whole unit forward on your ear for the best fit. Hope that helps and happy listening!

I got these because my Skull Candy ear buds would fall out of my ears when I ran. These work great even on windy days. They are adjustable. The behind the ear piece can move up and down to fit any size ear. I would recommend.

These headphones are marvelous! They arrived within 2 days of being shipped, safe and sound. I've been working out with these headphones and they stay on, always. One complaint I might have is they are a bit awkward to put on. At first I was moving them around my ear trying to fit them in, but after a couple days I could fit them in there without much hassle. It's definitely a problem you get over quickly. They are very comfortable. I had the Sony MDR-J10's and they are NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING compared to these!! They are a lot lighter and have a superior sound! They are SO light I can't feel them, if it wasn't for the cord hanging down my neck I would swear I could hear voices in my head! I do a lot of running, and I tested them on a 400m sprint, and a 5 Mile Run - and they never ONCE fell out! Huh, guess learning to put them in was worth it after all!



These. Headphones. Are. Awesome.

I've only had these for about 2 days, but I'm absolutely ecstatic. These clips are light, pliable, and have great sound quality. The cord is ~4 ft. long which is another plus. Very happy and glad I order two for under $20.

Very rarely do I feel compelled to review an item out of the package. But I could not wait to review these headphones from JVC. I got them in just a couple of days from LiveSpan.



These come in different colors. I selected the blue and they looked even better than what I saw on my laptop monitor. They are deep blue metallic, almost a purple.



The first thing that I noticed is the soft rubber ear loop. I have tried other "sport" headphones, but gave up on them after one wearing because they made my ears sore. Admittedly, my ears are bigger than some. The great thing about these JVC headphones is that by design, they appear that they will fit any size ear. If only I could find a bluetooth with an earpiece this comfortable.



I am no audiophile, but they sound great to me siting here in my office listening to one of PodRunner Podcasts. I expect that they will do the job just fine at the gym or on a run.

Okay, I've struggled with headphones for years! I run quite a bit, and I've never been able to find headphones that actually stay in my ears. In fact, I actually gave up listening to music while running because I would get so frustrated trying to stick the damn things back in my ears every 2 to 3 minutes. It just took way too much time and effort and I don't have enough energy to do that and run at the same time. So, I bought these because they looked like they might work. I went on a 7 mile run this last weekend, outside, in moderate wind and........they didn't pop out once. Maybe they are made for mutant ears, but I've finally found headphones that will stay put. There are other reviews saying the buds are too large, and they are, but that's only a tiny inconvenience. They stay where I put them, and that's enough for me. - Exercise - Earhook - Earphones - Running Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Comfortable Headphones - running headphones, earhook running headphones Comfortable Headphones - running headphones, earhook