Sunday 21 September 2008

Backpack Rod


I've had one of Daiwa's pack rods for many years. At that time it came in a rectangular carrying case and the guides were thread wrapped - rather than taped. As a friend has had one with the "T" shaped case for 25 years, it must be somewhat older than that. Because it can be broken down to such a small size - it is an excellent rod for canoe portage fishing trips and for hiking in through the brush to the best trout streams. I have caught everything from 12 pound northern pike to brook trout and pan fish with this rod. In recent years my wife has purchased one as well. While it will never have the natural feel of a one piece rod, it does surprisingly well for coming in five pieces. My wife says it is my lucky rod, and after many years of "borrowing" it from me - I bought her one of her own. She loves to fish for bronze-backs and has already put fillets in the frying pan numerous times. Daiwa Mini System Minispin Ultralight Spinning Reel and Rod Combo in Hard Carry Case

I have had one of these for over thirty years. I bought this one for my son. The MiniSpin is still an excellent way to take a high quality fishing combo wherever you go. It is not the rig for chasing huge fish, but I have caught pike on mine, and my son caught a four pound bass with his the first weekend he used it. This is a serious light spinning outfit. I recommend getting a second spool and filling one spool with four pound line and one with six. The four pound line works great with this rod and reel for things like crappies and smallmouth bass. Much more fun than just hauling them out of the water with a stiff rod and ten or twelve pound line. Six pound gives better results where there are weeds or bottom obstructions - you don't lose so much terminal tackle. The plastic latches on the case will wear with time, so I use a large elastic band to hold them closed. I highly recommend this package.

this is a very good and sturdy fishing pole i love and i use it all the time reccomend it to all. It is easy to cast and put togeter and do not lisen to the 2 star guy he did not have his reel on tight enough.

I've received my rod on time. well few days after I got it, I went to fish for some panfish, and what I can say about the reel is that works very good even for casting I've tried some spoons and it worth, and about the rod, it is very flexible I caught 2 largemouth bass of about 6 pounds ea. it bended like if will break down, but finally nothing bad happened,I totaly recomend this kit,it came with out line but is good after all.

Start of all, the 'packaging' is very awkward. Its undie-shape doesn't really fit into medium backpack. Secondly, the rod is just a little bit off balance, tiny little bit.



But what-the-hack, given its light weight, smart design, and 'appears-to-be'(yet to be testified) quality build, I have already recommended the kit to all my friends.



It's a must-have kit when you come and visit the land down-under, because there's fish everywhere!!

I recently received the Daiwa mini spin travel pack, I love its features especially its size and pistol grip handle. I was so excited that i found a combo that I could fit into my hydration backpack. I'm a mountain bike enthusiast and always look for places to go especially where fishing is feasible. The case was broke in three places when it arrived, o.k. I blame USPS for their poor packaging, called distributor and of course its on back order (3weeks) no problem i was still anxious to bike to the river and cast. After a 3hr ride i arrived and set up the pole, seemed well enough and durable. AFTER 3 CASTS THE REEL WENT RIGHT INTO THE RIVER, o.k. I manually retrieved it by pulling the fishing line, disappointed but still liked the pole about 2 more casts and again it happened, i inspected the pole and found that very little effort was needed to pull the reel out. I decided to pack it up and upon breaking it down the last part of the rod broke while disassembling it, dammit. Now I'm upset and hope I just got a defective one, since it's made in china that happens i suppose. It's features are the only reason it got more than 1 star, AND I DIDN'T CATCH ANY FISH!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Backpack Rod Backpack Rod Backpack Rod