Thursday 27 October 2011

Telephotolens - canon g11, telephotolens


I read a number of negative reviews about Canon's lens adapter and how its length is too short as the lens hits it while extending. I read a few positives about this one and for the most part they were right on. It's made of steel (feels heavy duty) and comes in 2 pieces, with another smaller ring that fits beautifully over my filter. I love it. I'm still wondering why Canon didn't get it right! 58mm Two Piece Lens Adapter for Canon Powershot G10, G11 (an alternative to the LA-DC58K)

This thing quite simply is perfect.



Its a 2 piece metallic adapter that hands down is the best deal for your G10 or G11.



We all know the cheap Canon one is plastic. And the other one available on that other website that everyone talks about is NO BETTER than this one.

It's a very simple two part adapter, as another reviewer wrote "it doesn't work on the G11"

is misleading. It works, yes it does vignette at 28mm, but only if you use both of the adapters

together. I don't use the zoom much, and most of my shots are at the wide angle setting, so I'll

just use the first part of the adapter "when" I need a filter. For the price I have no complaints.



There is another solution available on the net, but it requires buying 72mm filters, which are more expensive

than the 58mm this unit requires.

The actual product is a slightly different shape than the picture, but it has to be in order for both pieces to be 58mm. I guess they should have picked a different picture. :P Anywho, it works great and feels very sturdy. This left me wondering why the canon one is so expensive. Glad I picked this one over the other.

Such a great price - I wanted to take a 'chance' on it either way and it got overall better reviews than the other one anyway. Glad i picked it. Very happy with the product and it makes my camera look so much cooler! :P

Definitely recommend!

I am glad that this adapter is available at such a reasonable price. This metal adapter holds the tele lens attachment that I purchased recently firmly to the camera and just feels solid. It also doubles as a filter holder for 58mm sized filters. I haven't had an opportunity to use this feature yet but I know that I will.

My previous Canon camera (a PowerShot 620) used a Canon made adapter to add a Wide Angle lens attachment. The plastic adapter was always loose and felt flimsy. When I looked at the Canon adapter for the tele lens attachment for my G11 and saw that it was made of the same plastic that my original camera's adapter was made of, I quickly decided that this metal adapter for my current camera was the way to go.

I recommend this item highly

I've had this same trouble with any adapters for the G10 and G11.

I wanted to use a polarizing filter. if using the 2 piece adapter it vignettes at 28mm. I tried usinf 1/2 of the adapter and that works for wide angle but if you zoom to far the lens hits the filter and the camera shuts down. I also had that problem with adapters like this one conecting a telescope eyepiec to my telescopes. shut down again/ it needs to be about an 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch longer.



if all you're interested in is WA shots then it's ok.

nice build.

but not reccomended - Canon G11 - Telephotolens'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information