Thursday 27 October 2011

Dog Clippers - dog clippers, pet grooming


My dog is a Poodle corgi mix with a thick undercoat. I was tired of cutting her fur every month with scares and having her have a bad hair day for weeks until her hair grew back. I really don't want to spend $40-$60 on her getting professionally groomed every time she needed togo short. I came a cross these clippers on amazon.com and noticed it was at a good price. Doesn't come with DVD but for the great price you get clippers, the blade attachments, a comb, oil with brush, and a case to store everything. All I did is youtubed a grooming clip and tahdah I'm a pro. She looks so cute and I feel so proud of myself:D Wahl 9160-210 Pet Clipper Kit

This was definitely worth every penny, it's a no brainer to use. I do suggest watching a tutorial on grooming dogs on YouTube before actually grooming your dog. But this does the trick time and time again. Don't bother getting the more expensive one, just buy this one and call it a night.

I have a toy poodle. Absolutely love the breed and have no complaints other than the maintenance of their coat. My little 6lb pup I have had for a year now and every 6-8 weeks I have paid to get him groomed which costs about $30-35 before including a tip. Needless to say this gets pricey. Let me also start out by saying I have had good and TERRIBLE experiences with groomers.



Finally I saw this and thought "this will cost less than one visit to the groomers" and decided to try it. It works pretty well except does not do well cutting out matted hair (luckily I brush my dog and he has barely any matted hair) but even the hair that is a bit tangley it doesn't like to work through. For the most part I am satisfied (even though the product came used when I thought I was purchasing new). My dog's hair is a bit uneven (probably due to my inexperience as a groomer) but I think I will get better at it. It actually makes me wonder how people I am paying $30 to cut my dogs hair can do a worse job than I have done. Obviously the good groomers I have had experience with do a much better job than me but still there are a ton of bad grooming jobs I have had to deal with while finding a decent groomer. Anyway, the guards that come with the tool make it practically idiot proof. Paws are a bit more difficult to do because you cannot use a guard.



Honestly, I will still have to send my little guy to the groomer 2-3x a year just to have it done properly but I think that this will enable me to save quite a bit of money since I don't mind doing it myself. Let's hope it lasts!

I'm not knocking Wahl products, I've used their clippers on my dogs for years. I dropped and broke the last pair; my own stupid fault. I thought I'd save a buck and get these for a replacement, and they are TERRIBLE. You'd be better off using first-grade safety scissors. I spent about 2 hours trying to trim a schnauzer and finally just gave up. Spend 20 or 30 extra bucks and get the better Wahl clippers, you'll be glad you did.

I am no barber for sure, but I wanted these clippers to cut my dogs hair.



I cannot believe how easy it was to operate. I felt like a pro the first time I used them.



Not only did my dog get a nice haircut, but I also use it to trim my beard.



These clippers are awesome.



I highly recommend them.

This pet clipper is not worth the money even though it was quite cheap initially, but after what I paid for return mail it ended up quite expensive as amazon only paid a fraction of the return postage compared to what it actually cost. I sent the item back as faulty, whether it was or not I don't know but it was so noisy on turning it on that it made me cringe and there was no way I could get my dog anywhere near it. I have asked around and apparently there are very noisy and expensive clippers out there. It would have been helpful to know what sort of noise levels to expect.

This apparently does not include an instructional dvd. I received the first one and was disappointed when I opened the box and there was no DVD. I contacted customer service and explained the box doesn't even list DVD in the "contents of box" " and there was no dvd in the package. I was told a replacement needed to be sent and they were rushing it. I had to wait in line at the post office and mail back the old one and patiently waited for the replacement. Just got the replacement and it is the exactly the same as the first...no dvd anywhere to be found. I haven't decided if I even want to try the clipper or just return it and this point. - Dog Clippers - Pet Grooming - Grooming - Pet Clippers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dog Clippers - dog clippers, pet grooming dog clippers Dog Clippers - dog clippers, pet grooming