Thursday 27 October 2011

Keyboard Light - led light, book light


I rarely write reviews for the products I buy. This product is an exception. Never in my life was I so pleased with such a simple product as a book light. It is just very smartly designed: It is dually compatible with both power supply and computer usb port. It has dual intensity lighting. It has a magnet at the base so it connects sturdily to any metal object. It runs on standard AAA batteries that are easy to find, not some impossibly rare lithium stuff thats impossible to find. It has a blue backlight that reduces strain on the eye by reducing contrast. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that the LEDs give off light at just the right intensity for reading/typing. Seeing that no reviews were written to date I just had to let you all know that being priced even less than the competition this is certainly the one to get. Ritelite LPL792XLB 5-LED Computer and Book Light, Metal

My search for the right lighting system for my laptop finally ended with the discovery of the RiteLite Wireless Light. Mounted with five LEDs and three power settings, this outstanding tool more then covers the basics.



With its all metal 8" flexible neck, this model spreads the perfect amount of direct light to both my laptop or hardbound books. No matter if its a laptop or notebook, keyboard real estate is easily covered. The push button power switch is conveniently located on the tip of the light head. A nice surprise was the aesthetic, soft blue glow emitted from the top of the light head via five portholes.



The RightLite operates via a USB port or by plugging directly into the battery powered magnetic base. Three AAA batteries supply the juice for the base. I strongly suggest users avoid placing the magnetic base near your laptop. A metal clip is attached to the base for book reading. The gray finished RightLite comes packed with instructions, power base and the standard one year manufacturer's warranty. Batteries not included.



After going through several inferior, overpriced lighting sources its indeed a pleasure to finally find a product that delivers in both quality and price. Ritelite Computer/Book Light is an excellent tool that won't leave you in the dark.

First, the good: The light is nice and bright, but also directional (so as not to disturb others nearby). The gooseneck is very flexible and can twist at least 180 degrees.



The not-so-good: The clip is metal and curved (over the battery housing) with relatively sharp edges. It could easily end up scratching whatever you clipped it to (I don't use it on my leather e-reader cover). The USB cable is short, so an extension cable is necessary for an e-reader (as well as a nearby powered USB port) but not a laptop/netbook with a spare port. Note that when using the USB cable, the battery-pack and clip are disconnected as the gooseneck plugs into either a USB port or the battery pack.

The attractive feature of this item was that the light can be plugged into a USB port or into the supplied clip/base unit. It may be a little too bright reading in bed when your spouse/partner is sleeping (even on the dimmest setting) but it's light is sharply directed where you want it. The entire unit is too heavy for even the thickest of paperbacks. However, my main reason for purchasing this was so that I could see my keyboard at night while my wife is sleeping and this item allows me to keep all of the house lights off. Even considering how cumbersome the item is with paperback books, this is well worth it's money and does not disappoint.

I bought this light because of its dual use. There are pros and cons with every product. Yes, its nice that the light uses AAA batteries, however, that makes the base bulky. On paperbacks it seems to work better on the half of the book that is larger (more page support to keep it from flopping). However, on hardbacks, the clip isn't quite big enough. It only clips on about halfway, which is fine, but occasionally you have to adjust as it starts to fall off the book.



It does work great on my laptop, no complaints there.



Overall, I'm satisfied with this light. My husband is also happy that I do not need the lamp on as I read in bed, he claimed he didn't even realize I was up reading.

We got this to go with our kindle. It's a great design and appears to be good quality.



The light worked great ... for about one month.



Then it stopped working. Permanently.



It didn't even last as long as the first set of batteries.



We didn't get around to returning it and now it's headed for a landfill.



I ignored the 'broke immediately' warnings and now i'm one of the hundereds of diapointed costomers.



Do not buy.

I bought a Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Black, Kindle Version) a 2 years ago to use with my Kindle and had been disappointed with that light from the very beginning as the light it provided was very "blue" hued and did not provide enough brightness for me to read without eye strain at night. I finally broke down and bought Ritelite LPL792XLB 5-LED Computer and Book Light, Metal to replace it and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner!



When I was shopping for a new light last week, there were many that were less expensive. However, I noticed that this light works not only with a battery pack for use reading, but also detaches from that battery pack so you can plug it into your laptop or netbook via the USB port to get great directional task lighting. In fact, amazon sells the USB only version of this light: Ritelite LPL792 5-LED Computer Light, Metal for not much less. I think having the option to charge this light via AAA batteries and effectively go "wireless" with it is great.



In terms of design, I can only find one drawback. The battery pack attachment has a slot where you can slide the cover of a book through it in order to hang the light for viewing. The light is really too heavy to do this effectively with a paperback book. This slot also means that there is no clip to use to attach the light to other surfaces such as desk or table ledges. The 5 on-board LED lights provide a great pool of light that is fully adjustable by the flexible arm of the unit. There are 2 settings though there isn't much difference between them. There are 5 blue dots that glow on the top of the unit that may bother some users. An easy fix for this is to just place a piece of tape over them so that their soft glow isn't shining up at you. - Book Light - Booklight - Led Light - Laptop Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Keyboard Light - led light, book light booklight Keyboard Light - led light, book light