Sunday 16 October 2011

Leather Case


I have been actively searching for a good case for Xoom since I bought it 3 weeks ago from Amazon. There are quite a few choices on Amazon, however, almost all of them had problems here or there. This case looks very alike the original Apple iPad case which I own for my wife's iPad. We all like this design and decided to go for it. Ordered it on Thursday morning and got it on Sat with Amazon Prime. Wow !!!

The quality of the leather is exceptional. The Xoom fits inside the cover just right with all ports accessible. Cameras line up perfectly, front and back. The front cover folds back and creates a stand with which you can easily watch movie or read. You can also lay it down on a different angle for typing. The case itself is very professional looking with nice leather finish. It is very sleek and protective. I feel comfortable with recommending this to anyone. Bear Motion (Trademark) 100% Real Leather Case for For Motorola Xoom 10.1 inch tablet (3G & 4G WI-FI 16 GB 32 GB 64 GB) - Xoom Case Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb Black

This ended up being exactly what I was looking for and I'm glad someone finally released something like this for hte Xoom. I've tried a number of cases since buying the Xoom on launch day and for the most part, my Xoom just ends up naked. Most recently I tried the rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Motorola XOOM Android Tablet. It's nice, but just too big and bulky for everyday use. I'll probably use that when I'm traveling, but not day-to-day. This case is great for every day usage. The leather is nice. The cutouts are great and line up with the Xoom. It's very easy to get to the power button (unlike the rooCase). The magnets are strong enough to keep it closed. The front cover folds under and behind to make a sturdy stand. It's very similiar to the Bear Motion case that I have for the iPad. Overall great case, especially for the low price!

My friend bought the Xoom case and while its sturdy, it doesnt seem as practical.

In first place i was going to order a different case but after reading some reviews i decided for this one. The right choice. I am very impressed with the design in that you can have 2 ways of standing it, one for typing and one for viewing.

Quality of the case is really good: materials, colour, tablet fit, stitching and more importantly I find it very convenient in everyday use. The Motorola Xoom Wi-fi fits really nice inside this case. All buttons/connectors are accessible. The front and rear cameras can be used with no problem.

This is definitely a winner especially given the price. No hesitations - fellow Xoom lovers - this is the ultimate choice.

The case is much better than I have expected for such a low price. Delivery of the item was extremely fast. Ordered it on Wednesday and received it on Friday. Couldn't ask for more. The Motorola Xoom fits really neatly and snuggly into the case. All ports and cameras line up correctly with the cut-outs. Leather is great when it comes to feel and smell. Carrying around makes it look very classy. Definitely a good choice.

This case is quite nice. The Xoom can be used in two ways with this case. A sturdy typing mode (upside down with the camera at the bottom)or standing vertically. These are the two position I use. I would pay more for this case. Very good value for $20. The fit is very good but not perfect. The camera, speakers,USB, power port and HDMI ports are all accessible. The SD card slot at the top, while not immediately accessible, is behind the Velcro flap that locks the Xoom inside the case. The magnetic closures work very well.

I searched for probably 2 months since I received my Xoom waiting for a case that fit my needs came around. This case is perfect.



Pros

*Great design

*Thin and light

*Cutouts are perfect.

*The case has a magnetic cover so it stays securely closed.

*It feels great in hand and honestly after a while of use, you forget its on the device and just starts feeling as its part of the Xoom.



Cons

*Doesn't fit into the standard dock so you'd have to keep removing it from the case.

*The fit isn't the greatest. Its tight, but there is enough wiggle room that the device slides sometimes and the border of the screen gets into the view.

*I feel as though after prolonged use, the flap will eventually wear out its shape or just lose it.

*The magnets could be a little bit stronger.



I've only owned it for about a week, but I am definitely not taking this off my device ever. The only other problem I have with it is caused by the software. Let's say the developers didn't program the application to take advantage of being viewed from all angles, then you'll have to turn the device. YouTube is one application that if you start the it in the typing position (landscape) then play a full screen video, you have to turn it to the media view standing up.



Overall though, I love this case. For $20, I'm extremely happy. It is such a bargain.

This is a nice little case for the money. Feels secure in the case whilst closed and the rear facing camera, headphone jacks & volume buttons are easily acessible.



The material is of an excellent quality and the xoom fits very well. The stand works really well and the magnets are a great feature. The kick-stand works well & it is a very useful accessory which is reasonably priced and does it's job well.



The product arrived very quickly and the customer service was excellent.

It seems like there are more and more cases popping up for the Xoom now that the tablet has been out for a while. Lots of choices and a high threshold just to try them out. I didn't want to drop $50 on a case that I might not like, and I didn't relish the fun of trying and returning different models. So when I found this case, and at the price point I was happy with (~$20) I decided to give it a go. I had the gel case that came with my Xoom from Costco, but found that the gel attracted debris from my laptop bag and wasn't really giving me what I wanted. I have a screen protector on my Xoom, but still worried about the screen or even the protector getting scuffed or whatever. So I wanted a cover that would close over the whole unit and offer protection from debris as well as give it a layer of protection while it floated around in my bag. This cover does just that. It is a solid design with a good fit. Cutouts for all lights and ports, and a velcro tab to hold it in place with no worry whatsoever. So it's a great case, it's $20, and I am more than pleased.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Leather Case Leather Case Leather Case