Friday 14 October 2011

Ipod Accesories - audio, monster cable


Do you really need this kind of product just for analog-type connections? The answer is you do especiallly need this product for analog connections. 1. Dual-balanced conductors means your left and right connections are receiving equal audio signals. Is this important? Well if you want louder left or right signal reaching to your audio equipment due to faulty construction, then it may not be important. This may be an exaggeration, but if you care for sonic quality this product is for you.2. Protective shielding. Analog signals are very much susceptible to interference. This interference can and will enter the cables and onto your audio where it is amplified and introduced as distortion. Worse, poor cables will introduce audio loops where buzz and hum are heard. Any audio engineer will know never to cross audio cables with one another. Worse, no audio cables should be crossed with electrical plugs. Why? all these signals against one another produce electrical resistance and audio contamination in the analog signals. But no average Joe/Jane will know this.So what's important to know is that this product meets THX-certified guidelines, which means you won't have to worry so much about audio distortion and poor quality and performance when buying something like this. And at this price, compare it with other audio cables and they can even be more expensive with cheaper and thinner construction and NO THX-certification. For example you can compare this with Monster Cables iCable for the iPod, which is more than twice the price than this produce. I admit it has an even better construction and excellent build, but it isn't THX-certified. Well, I can bet that product does surpass THX-certifications but with half the price of the product you can be assured of excellent sonic quality. For your iPod, these cables will suite you more than fine.Another example is Sony's RK-N215PM, which is the same price as this Monster cable. It's very flimsy and the cables are very thin. If you're asking for electrical interference, then this is the product your looking for. Worse, at the same price this Sony isn't THX-certified. I had to buy three of these Sony cables because the Monster THX i-mini cables are so thick that my Logitech Z-680 THX speakers can't accommodate three of the connectors side by side. It's a shame I had to get non-THX cables for the THX speaker set.Believe me, this product is a steal. Get it while they still offer free shipping. Monster THXIMINI8 THX Certified 1/8 Stereo to Stereo RCA Cable Adapter

Don't get me wrong, this is a good product, but it's too big to be of universal use.



It sounds great, and has very, very little distortion, but the RCA jacks are big and it can be hard to get them right next to each other on the back of your receiver. It's a very close fit for me. Also, the 1/4" mini connector is also bulky. It's nice (in many, but not all circumstances) to have it a right angle, but in some cases, because of how close it is to the product, it won't work if at all recessed (like an iPod in a rubber case).



So, I've got one of these, and I'm glad that I've got it, as it sounds great, but I can't use it everywhere I want to.

I have my iPod hooked up with this cable to a fairly high end stero. I carries the signal very well to the amplifier, and makes your iPod sound like a CD player.



Other cables abailable are either higher priced for the same quality, or lower quality for the same price.

These cables are very well built. There is only a problem. I purchased it to connect on my computer sound blaster, but they don't fit due to the large and wide connector. So, if you don't have much space between your connections, avoid these cables. Otherwise, they are very good.

I was surprised at the thickness of these wires. They are thick enough that my cats won't be able to chew through them, which they have done with cheaper, flimsier cables.



I plugged them in from my iPod to my receiver with no problems. Sound was very good. I had to turn up the volume a bit louder than I do for my CD player, but I think that is an issue of the ipod, rather than the wires. I didn't need this long of a cable, but now this will allow me to tuck the ipod safely away so it won't get damaged.



I don't usually buy into the Monster Cable hype, but these are priced very similarly to cables I have seen at Best Buy. I give a thumbs-up to this product.

I bought this cable to hook up my XM Radio home docking station to my reciever. The only problem is that the angled connection doesn't fit into the docking station with the other necessary cables plugged in. I guess I'll just have to wait to get an IPod and used this cable for it.

Monster THXIMINI8 THX Certified 1/8 Stereo to Stereo RCA Cable Adapter

I bought this cable as a means to connect my M-Audio AV-40's to my pc. I made the error of not correctly measuring the length, which was my error. Of course, good ol' Amazon is taking them back.....The signal quality for this cable is great, but you would be better off using it for a tow-strap. I overlooked and or didn't pay close enough attention to other reviews describing this problem. If you have any other connections anywhere close to your speaker input connection, the 3.5mm head of this cable will interfere. The RCA heads are kind of HUGE also, baraly fitting into a standard set of sockets next to each other. Use a straight 3.5 end non-monster sized...Sorry monster:( - Cable - Monster Cable - Audio - Audio Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipod Accesories - audio, monster cable audio Ipod Accesories - audio, monster cable