Friday 14 October 2011

Desk Pads - pad, doug


The package arrived damaged, and FedEx made a note about it, but the product was undamaged. This is a great value for the money but there are (IMO) some downsides. First, this pad is THICK! a quarter inch thick to be exact. Too thick for my liking but for 14 bucks I will live with it. Secondly, this is felt backed and if your desktop is smooth (most are, eh?) then this will easily slide on the desk. It needs to have a grippy backing, not felt.



Other than that a very nice looking desk pad. Wood Tones Series Desk Pad with Wood Pencil Ledge, 19"x24", Mahogany ELD23390

I should have read the reviews. Received it damaged in a corner and the wood was broken. Otherwise it would have been a very nice pad. Packaging was no more than a tightly fit cardboard box, easily damaged by droping or placing heavy boxes on it. Box used has no foam padding or similar.

I have a very nice wood desk and my goal was to find a pad that would not only look nice but also not damage fine wood. This pad fits both requirements. However, the one negative is that it came "bowed" in the center so sits on the desk oddly. I am placing large books on it to see if it flattens. I don't think this was from the manufacturer, but probably a large item was placed on the center of the pad during shipping. I would recommend this item for those not wanting to spend a fortune but desire a very nice, quality item. I have never been disappointed in Rolodex products.

The first time this product came the corner had been bashed in and the pad was damaged. We sent it back and they quickly sent a new one but the box was half open when it came. Both times there was minimal protection around the pad. The second pad had a small amount of damage but not as noticable and we kept it. The pad is very good looking and well made.

The Mat is very nice looking, no doubt about that. But the board is a soft sort of vinal-leather material; when you write on it onto a single piece of paper using a ballpoint pen with any pressure at all it will slice through the paper, because your penpoint will sink into the board behind, tearing the paper(it will also cause a 'drag' factor on your natural writing style.) Signing checks: it will be tough. Any writing you do will need to be onto a few papers thick pad of paper. I am really suprised that this didn't occur to rolodex company when they designed it, I really am.(one thing they might do to correct this might be to cover the black, writing portion of the mat with a sheet of hard, clear plastic that maybe you could put photographs behind or something. It is a shame really because the mat is the best LOOKING one I have ever seen)

This is how I feel about this product anyway. But I do think it looks good. I will use it still, but I will always write on top of a few sheets thick of paper - Pad - Doug - Desk Pads'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Desk Pads - pad, doug doug Desk Pads - pad, doug