Sunday 30 October 2011

Individual - memory, 2 gb


I purchased this memory to use on a Intel DP55WB Media Series P55 micro-ATX Core i7 Core i5 LGA1156 Desktop Motherboard. The motherboard seems to be picky and would not work with the Corsair memory that I originally tried. This memory is in the Intel approved list for the motherboard. I have been using the memory with no problems. Kingston ValueRAM 2 GB 1333MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory KVR1333D3N9/2G

when building a system I always look for Kingston compatible memory modules for better reliability and faster throughput. this memory is the fastest I have used so far and I trust just as reliable

I built this computer for my daughter to do gaming, she keeps calling and saying what a great system she has now. Always trust Kingston

I successfully paired these sticks with Kingston KVR1333D3K2/4GR from another retailer in a dual-channel RAM configuration. So that makes a total of 4 sticks, 8 GB. In order to take advantage of this much memory, I'm running a 64-bit operating system (as opposed to a 32-bit one).



These are DDR3 memory sticks, so be sure you have an AM3 motherboard if you like AMD processors, or whatever on the Intel side handles DDR3 if you go for Intel processors.

This generic memory works with my HP Pavilion p6610f computer. Customer service at HP said I should buy their memory, because other memory might not work. Kingston customer service wrote I should buy their product specific memory. Both of these RAMs cost much more than this one. I decided to go with this one on Amazon, because of their return policy in case it did not work, and I would save much money if it did. It works like a charm and my computer is much faster.

I have this installed in a Biostar A880G+ motherboard, works perfect except the motherboard recognizes this as DDR3-1066, when it should be DDR3-1333, but you can manually change it to DDR3-1333 in the bios.

This was a great product at a great price! They beat the price of CompUSA/TigerDirect and the other Amazon sellers big time! Negative: It took over two weeks to reach me. Time from order to ship was about 10 days though actual ship time was only 3 or 4; It was my understanding that they were out of stock. At that price I guess they must have been inundated by orders. I wish I had not been in urgent need of the item. I would have been pleased about the deal rather than angry about the delay. I wish I had had the money for another! I would have loved to have bought two! It works great. Buy this item. Perhaps they have a better stock reserve now.

Stick of 2 Gig worked. Was concerned about buying another stick of Kingston RAM; a recent Kingston DDR2 RAM purchase did not go so well. 1 of 2 sticks were bad. But the DDR3 stick I'm reviewing from this most recent purchase did work without issue.



Bought the valueRAM to match the RAM already installed in my ZT Systems computer from Costco. Increased 6 Gig to 8 Gig. If the RAM already installed in my desktop wasn't Kingston - and I wasn't trying to match the RAM, there's no way I'd buy Kingston - no matter how inexpensive it is...

So far I've bought 6 of these for various uses and not a single one has failed on me. I've been able to "OC" them to 1600MHz but I seriously doubt that makes any difference whatsoever, just needed it that high so my motherboard would feel it had enough for my OC'd processor. I'll keep buying this exact RAM until I get a new motherboard. - 2 Gb - Memory - Ddr3 1066 - Kingston'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information