Sunday 30 October 2011

Carrying Case For Garmin Nuvi - gps, nuvi case


This case is supposed to fit my 5" Garmin nuvi 1450 - and it does, but just barely. I would have liked a little more length. There is enough depth to be able to fit the USB cable and maybe the instruction guide in the pocket. My concern is this - how to best protect the GPS unit. There is an elastic strap and a mesh pocket inside the case. Because the fit is so snug, if I slide the unit under the strap with the screen toward the outside of the case, there is a risk of scratching the screen on the zipper. If I slide it in with the screen toward the center of the case, then there is nothing to protect the screen from damage from items in the pocket. If I put the unit in the pocket, I have similar concerns about protecting the screen, but now I have only an elastic strap to hold additional items in place. So far, my solution has been not to use the pocket, but I think I'll find something to lay across the screen for protection. I was tempted to return the case and look for something with a better fit but it's otherwise a good case - just not the best fit for a 5" unit. It would probably be perfect for the 4.3" units. Case Logic MGPS-2 Professional GPS Case for up to 5-Inch Screens (Black)

My issue is with Amazons description. This is supposed to work with GPSs up to 5". The description on the case itself says 4.3" screens. I had ordered this with a TomTom XXL540T. I could not fit the TomTom in without forcing it. Definitely did not have room for anything else. The case itself is fine. It should be fine for smaller GPSs.

This case does exactly what it is supposed to do. It protects the GPS unit inside of it. It is small, compact, easy to open and close. Has a secure elastic strap inside for the GPS unit. Not much to comment on since it is so simple and works so well.

Has good padding, and a stiff outer ring, so as to really protect the unit. My unit is a Garmin 1350 wide screen, and it fits securely with a strap inside. Not much room for anything else, except a cleaning cloth (it comes with this), but good "box".

This case does exactly what it is supposed to do: It securely holds a 4.3 or 5.0 inch GPS in place and protects the screen. It allows me to toss my Garmin nuvi 265W into my pack with out fear of damage. Inside, a convenient elastic strap holds your GPS in place so it doesn't fall out when you unzip. Opposite the GPS, there is a mesh pocket that's handy for storing the included cleaning cloth. Though not a "hard shell" case by strict definition, the front that protects the screen is fairly rigid and molded such that sharp pressure in the middle will be distributed thus minimizing the potential for screen damage.



If lack of room for the kitchen sink wasn't evident from the product photo and description, you may need more help than a GPS can provide. Those wanting room for the GPS, car mount, car adapter, and other accessories should consider a larger camera bag with different compartments for "gadgets". The appeal of this case is in fact its compact size and screen protection.

I bought this to use with my new Garmin 1450LMT (5-inch screen) and it fits perfectly. There is a little extra room inside if you want to put the USB cable in with it. Holds the GPS system snug so it doesn't slide around inside (scratch screen). Mine also came with a small microfiber cloth to lay over the screen to protect it. I would recommend it to friends or family.

Got this case for free as a promotion for another product. Case Logic usually has nice cases, and this isn't an exception. The top (or front) of the case (seen in the item picture) is actually hard, which is a good thing. The bottom (or back) is stiff, but still has some give. No problem there. It comes with a micro-fiber cloth, which was a nice surprise.



The only con that I've found (which is mostly an opinion) is that a 5in TomTom GPS barely fits in it with the mount that comes with the TomTom (I don't want to leave it in the car, as it may prompt someone to 'look' for the GPS, even if I have it with me). Don't leave the mount on it? Them you have no problems, as even the car charger for the GPS should fit.



Also, it has a carabiner clip on the back, so you can clip it to things, though I wouldn't suggest clipping it to a belt loop or something, as you might damage whatever is in it.

This is a compact size GPS case. It can fit max 5 inch gps. My TT 540 fits in perfectly. Still, i would have like to have some more space or I would call it a best fit for 4.3 inch GPS. on other side, as it just fits up my 5" gps it doesn't eats up too much space in my dashboard pocket.



It has an inner mesh very small pocket, which can fit only a soft screen cleaning cloth. I can't think of anything else which can fit into that. There also an hard side top cover, this helps in protecting your GPS screen. I like this hard side thing.



In all I would suggest it as good buy for 4.3 - 5 inch GPS case at approx $10. - Nuvi Case - Carrying Case For Garmin Nuvi - Gps - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information