Friday 28 October 2011

Garden Tools - felco, pruning


I bought this to go in my cyling pack for riding trails up here in the New Hampshire forests. I must admit I felt I splurged by spending this much on a saw. But it is light and I liked the Felco brand. I used it a couple of times, it worked great.



Then we had the Ice Storm, Dec - 2008, and I spent alot of time clearing trails before winter with an axe or bow saw. Once winter hit I could put this saw in my ski jacket (it is so light!), and clear trails just as well as quickly as that bigger bow saw. I have cleared branches up to 6 in despite the fact it is only a 6 in blade.



I must say I am truly impressed with the sharpness, speed of cut, size and weight of this saw. I would recommend it to anyone who sees themselves doing some light trail clearing, either on a bike, horse, or while backpacking. (Anytime weight and space are an issue)



I am now thinking of investing in some felco shears. Felco F-600 Classic Folding Saw with Pull-Stroke Action

Felco is hands-down the best quality for gardening tools. They can seem pricey, but "you get what you pay for". If you want to replace tools every year (or every other year), by all means go for the cheaper brands. But if you want tools that will last, spend that little bit extra. You won't regret it!

This tool is fabulous for dividing perennials. Cuts through big clumps of hostas like butter. It's small and compact but does the work of a large saw. Great for trimming small branches. Very well made.

This is a great pruning saw - very sharp and effective. At first it was very difficult to close as mechanism was tight and required a lot of thumb pressure. After many uses however, it did loosen and works great!

This guy really cuts. The blade is awesome. Light and foldable saw is fabulous. My only problem is that blade does not always seat properly when folding the saw. The rubber plastic seems susceptible to damage so this design aspect is a bit disappointing. Otherwise, beautiful!

The positive reviews are correct on this product - this thing will probably slide through a 5 inch branch (with a bit of effort) and will make easy work of the smaller branches. I've taken down big branches and a small tree with this thing and aside from the blade that's a bit thin, it works and is mostly ergonomic.

Great product when you need to trim off some branches 1-3 inches in diameter. It does most of the cutting on the pull-stroke, which is where most of your strength is. The precision of this tool is especially useful when you need to trim branches off live trees, and need to be careful where and how you cut.



You can cut 4-6 inch branches, too, but your arms will begin to wear out before you finish. Wish it had a motor.



Seriously, this is a great saw for your woods and garden. Just remember to use a chain saw (not this one) when you need to do high-volume cutting. - Felco - Garden Tools - Pruning - Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Garden Tools - felco, pruning garden tools Garden Tools - felco, pruning