Friday 16 September 2011

Shoe Strap Punch - belt punch, leather tool


This is a good leather hole punch. It is made sturdy so you do not have to worry about the handles or head of the punch bending like some of the cheaper models. This works great on belts but if you have some horse tackle, saddel or the like you would like to use it on it may not be the best choice since they have thicker leather than a belt usually. The only down side to this leather punch is that there is a small black bracket that holds the punch wheel in place while you punch a hole in your leather. Well, this is a soft metal so it bends if you punch into heavy leather. If this was a solid latch instead of sheet metal it would be an awesome leather punch. Good news is the latch has a screw that lets you remove it and bend it back into shape but my guess is this will break eventually if you use it a lot. If this bracket is bent they you do not get a clean hole cut into your leather. The thicker your leather the greather chance this will happen. Leather Hole Punch Tool, Heavy Duty

This is an amazing, light weight, easy to use leather punch. I have used it to make additional holes in belts as well as holes in plastic crafts. You can easily change the size punch for different size holes. I'm glad I found this one!

The tool worked as designed however there is a fairly flimsy little piece of metal that holds the selected bit in place. After punching 1 hole in 4 or 5 belts the little metal piece broke rendering the tool useless.



Other than that "single point of failure" the tool is sturdy and very easy to use.

When the punch arrived, one of the tubes wasn't even there. The others did not come in vertical to the anvil and would not have done a very good job. The only good thing I can say is that I didn't even have to return the item to get a full refund. I just tossed it in the trash. I then ordered the C.S. Osborne punch and that has been great. Buyer beware.

When you try punching through leather with this tool, the punch wants to move to the next punch setting. It is a flaw in the design of the locking wheel. I guess they wanted to make it simple for people switching punch sizes, but that easy switching is a detriment to the punch. The punch will move off center, so when appling force you are not using all of the punch bit making it difficult to get a good accurate hole, or get a clean hole for that matter. I am not punching anything more than leather belts, FYI. I would recommend buying a fixed punch style, and save your money by not buying this model. I have a suggestion for a modification of this tool, but of course suggestions don't come free :)

I bought this just to add some holes on some simple leather belts. I have 2 belts that I wanted to add 2 holes on each belt. First of all, the hole puncher does not make clean holes. I tried using the correct size hole puncher first but noticed it would not cut through. Then I tried using the smallest hole punch size in order to start the hole and then I gradually began using the bigger sizes, until I reached the hole size I wanted to use. The hole puncher in the various of sizes are very dull which makes the cutting of the hole very difficult. I ultimately added the holes I wanted in the 2 belts but it wasn't pretty in the end. I had to use a sharp cutting knife in order to clean up the hole debris that was left after using the puncher. Also, the hole puncher was not completely aligned with the flat metal head which causes the hole to be slightly offset when punching down on the tool. The red sleeve also came loose on one side while putting slight pressure on the puncher. Lastly, the metal locking mechanism that holds the puncher in place broke off which makes the hole puncher wheel completely loose. I bought this here on Amazon because of the better than average reviews I read here. As for me, I completely disagree with most of the positive reviews for this hole puncher. This tool did not work for my simple needs and it may not work for you too.

This item is a great tool, it's also good how it looks,the way it feels aslo the way the item works.

This item is the right tool for the job, it also makes nice hole for your belt and the dial also turns easily to helps you pick the right size to want to use .

I bought this tool to punch holes in a few belts I had. An excellent tool that does the job well.



There is even a safety latch on this punch that prevents its jaws from opening, so that fingers do not get caught accidentally. A really nice design. As I did not expect any such safety mechanism, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to open the punch wide enough to insert a belt between its jaws. For those like me, here is how you release the safety catch:



Rotate the different sized punches until the brass colored surface on the other jaw is in between two punches. Then, hold the punch in one hand and press the punch in a few millimeters. With the other hand, rotate clockwise the little latch that is located near the part where the two jaws cross over each other. Now the jaws will open wide. - Leather Tool - Hole Punch - Belt Hole Punch - Belt Punch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shoe Strap Punch - belt punch, leather tool leather tool Shoe Strap Punch - belt punch, leather tool