Friday 16 September 2011

Gadget Sets - mens, gadget sets


This multi-tool is sold under a variety of brands (from what I've been able to tell) with slight modifications depending on the model. It is a small, half size multi-tool, and the tools shown in the picture are what you get. It sells for anywhere from $3.50 (on occasional sales) to $20 normally depending on the site and brand name stuck on the side.



The quality is not what you'd get for a $50-$100 tool, but that can't be expected. The blade is relatively dull, but if sharpened does ok. The light is a nice addition, is fairly bright, and comes in handy (as any light). I haven't seen many multi-tools with a light, so it makes it a little more unique. The pliers are relatively small, so can be helpful in small spots. The metal frame is not high grade steel, so can bend/flex a bit if you try and do too much with it. The remaining tools (can opener, screwdriver, etc.) are what you'd expect.



For the price (if you get it on sale) it's a decent little carry around. It's not by any means high quality, but you can't get that for anywhere close to this price range. For a carry around that will meet casual needs, it works perfectly well, and they're cheap enough you can afford to stick a few around and have them available.



If you want "One Tool to Rule Them All", this definitely isn't it. But if you're looking for stocking stuffers, or something to toss in a car kit, purse, bag, etc., it's a handy little tool that doesn't break the bank and it's not the end of the world if you lose it or break it. I bought several, and have them in vehicles and such, and they've come in handy several times. Worth it on sale, not so much if it's not. Columbia Men's Multi-Tool With Led,Red,NS

My son got this as a prize for cub scouts when 9, and I am not really pleased about the product. The blade does not lock, but actually swings rather freely...enough to have my son cut his fingers a bit while cutting through rope. The light is a nice touch, but I do not think it makes for a safe gift. I ended up buying him a leatherman with a locking blade.

The quality of this tool is fair. The first time I close the tool, the spring that keeps the plier open got crush. Since I got it as part of "today's deal" for $10 I will keep it instead of returning it. For the price I paid it is ok but I would not buy another one. - Mens - Gadget Sets'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information