Friday 23 September 2011

Multi Port Hub - multi port hub, usb ports


This product looks very cool. It has a lot of LED lights which to me is very colorful and looks cool. And it is not very bright which is a plus because sometimes bright LED lights on any electronics can get very annoying. Also, the cord is short which means this is more preferable for laptop use because as a user I don't want long cords attached to my laptop. It makes it very accessible and hassle free. There are only 4 USB slots on it which is all right to me. I have an external hard drive attached to it, a bluetooth USB, a PS3 controller, and my phone all attached to it. This is, by the way, attached to my laptop. So, yea it works perfectly fine and the build is great too. It looks well made and the picture doesn't do justice because it really looks professionally well made. Slick black color and not very bright LED lights (which is again a plus).



I really recommend this product to anyone. Thank you for reading this. Connectland CL-U2MNHUB-4B 4 Ports USB V2.0 Mini Hub (Black)

I have a Popcorn Hour A110 and it has one USB port in the back. The PCH supports an internal HD and whatever you connect to the USB port. So in order to expand the number of HDs I can connect to the PCH I needed a hub! This one is inexpensive, self-powered, and works like a champ. I have daisy-chained two of these together. True I lose one port since it's used to connect the second hub but now I can connect 7 drives to my PCH. I currently have 4 x 1TB drives hooked up to my PCH and expect to get more in the near future. If I fill up all the ports you can be sure I'll buy another hub to daisy-chain to the current hubs. Great product and I will buy again.

Given the other reviews I'm willing to believe I simply got a hub from a bad batch, but this hub is unusable for me. The USB connector is poorly soldered to the cable ("new" the insulation was already pulling away from the usb connector), and the connections on the hub side are *very* loose. Several times I've had cables simply fall out, which I don't have to tell you is somewhat of an issue. Moving this hub while devices are connected is simply out of the question. A little bit of duct tape fixes all when I use the hub on one of my desktop computers, but that's a bit absurd on the road. I've since replaced this hub with the Belkin Ultra Mini Hub F5U407 which is of substantially higher build quality; I've had no issues with the cable or hub connections. I will say I do like the design of this hub; it's small and has all the ports in a line, which I prefer. But, given the inconsistency in making a solid connection this hub is simply destined for the unused electronics box.

Can you ever have enough USB ports? Of course not. So, looking for something cost effective and worthwhile, I decided to give this a try. It works great! And for less than $10, you can't complain a bit. I don't know why they give you the option to turn off each individual port when you can just unplug it, but no big deal for me. Also, I could not notice a significant drop in data transfer when I plug in my external HDDs to it. Construction does seem a tad cheap, so I'd imagine if you were unplugging and plugging in different cables all day, ever day, it'd probably work some wires loose internally eventually. It serves me great for my use, as most of my USB stuff is a 1 time plug in and I'll never touch them again. But seriously, this thing is dirt cheap, you can't ask for much more!

Cheap. Small. Simple. Works.



The ports are quite snug for the male usb's, so don't try to push the usb in too hard.



Keep in mind, that the power does get split in half/thirds/etc when you insert 2, 3, or more; however I use a bluetooth/wireless keyboard and mouse and put the usb receiver on the Hub with additional things like a usb-powered laptop fan, and an ipod charger, and the receiver has never dropped wireless connection (which to me is the most important). I haven't tested using big, power-hungry usb electronics on the hub, and rightly, I don't plan to. I don't think that'll turn out well.



The hub has one red light to show that it's powered and 4 other blue lights that light up for each port that's in use (I didn't know about this when I got it and was delighted to be able to go "Ooo pretty lights!"). It even has a handy on/off switch for each port so you don't even have to unplug electronics from the hub if you don't want that particular item to hog up the computer's usb power.

I ordered this after several unsuccessful inexpensive 4-port hub purchases. Most of the others did not function. I thought I'd give this a try. I liked the slightly long cable that enables it to be positioned away from the usb port but not so long that I'd need to use some sort of harness to keep it short. Well, this is perfect! A possible bonus is that each port can be turned on/off. Very pleased with this product and the price was reasonable. - Usb Hub - Multi Port Hub - Usb Ports - Portable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Multi Port Hub - multi port hub, usb ports usb ports Multi Port Hub - multi port hub, usb ports