Friday 15 July 2011

Life Changing - instapark, laser pointer


For years, I've been looking for one of these high powered green laser pointers, but they've been too expensive for my budget. The Instapark 532nm is an affordable* green laser pointer. It is easy to use. The rear button turns the device on and off. The thirty second safety is a great feature to prevent a heavy dose of radiation in case the light accidentally turns on in your pocket or pack. In terms of style, the device has a rugged military look. The laser pointer is great for astronomy or long distance signaling. Given the intensity, I wouldn't use such a tactical light in an office presentation or in a game of laser kitty. There are two potential drawbacks to the Instapark 532nm. First, it uses CR2 batteries which are difficult to find. The other potential problem is the device's susceptibility to water damage. The directions indicate that the item may not work properly after wet. In a day and age when flashlights have been waterproof for decades, it seems odd that such a tactical looking device could be damaged by a leaky canteen in your backpack. All in all, the Instapark 532nm is a great high powered laser pointer.



*At the time of review, I acquired my Instapark 532nm for $22.10 ($29.05 with shipping and handling). Since then, the seller has raised the price considerably. Naturally, this is no longer such a great value as the cost is now typical of similar products. Instapark® 532nm Powerful Green Laser Pointer Astronomy and Military Grade(Click-on, Click-off switch)

I've never owned a green laser but being that I was a kid once, I've hand many of the red ones. Green certainly is far brighter to the human eye and I can place an 8' dot on the side of a building that is over 2 miles from my home. The construction is great, of course it would be practically impossible to construct it poorly if you're machining it from solid aluminium. The problems with this can be summed up in three words, Made In China. The laser sprays a little more than normal up close, presumably from the cheap lens. After a couple of weeks the laser started to dim to the point that you can't see it from across the room. Once it was so dim that it oddly only emitted infra-red light. For those of you thinking "just change the batteries", well you can "recharge" the batteries by banging it around until the loose/corroded connections inside the crappy click switch meet up again. It would probably withstand being run over by a semi truck but it cant withstand day to day field use. I would pass on it if I had to buy another green laser and go for one I know is not Chinese quality.

This is not high power. I have green lasers of the pen type that cost $8 to $12 each that make this one look like a toy. The Military would never buy a piece of junk like this although for its performance it is priced in a military way (way over priced). SAVE YOUR MONEY buy one of the cheaper pen lasers.



Instapark 532nm Powerful Green Laser Pointer Astronomy and Military Grade(Click-on, Click-off switch)

Purchased this laser with the understanding that it was 50mw. It is no brighter than my previous green laser that I purchased off of ebay for a few bucks, which came from China, and was a 5 mw. It I might add has had hours and hours of enjoyment and is still working great.



This laser does have the nice on off button, as well as a better case, but is no where close to being what they say as far as power. Side by side my cheapy from China is a tad brighter and has a smaller / tighter focal point a block down the way.



1 star for the nice case and on off button....

Save your money.

This is a well built laser pointer but it is by no means powerful.

The beam fades quickly and dims after it's turned on.

I changed batteries and the result was the same, The beam begins to dim after a few seconds.

It just barely will reach the roof of the house across the street from me.

No one is going to use this to point at stars or anything more than a couple of hundred feed away.

I compared this to another laser I bought from Orbtronic and the difference is like comparing a red laser to a green laser.

The instaspark laser is overpriced and very disappointing.

If you want a strong powerful laser pointer skip this one, yea it looks good but it has NO NAME AND NO POWER RATING and comes with a non rechargeable alkaline battery.

This may or not be an instaspark pointer (it's advertised to be one but I see no evidence that it is).

The best thing about this purchase is that It is returnable.

If you want a really powerful laser pointer check out Orbtronic.

I don't have a lot of fancy things to say except it is really nifty. My son loves it and it helps him when he wants me to see certian stars. It looks as if it points right to the star ! Very bright and compact easy to keep with you in a small pocket. I love it so much I ordered a second one.It is well worth the price!

The product immediately showed signs of a defect when I started using it. The laser assembly rattled around a bit inside the casing (which I was able to fix by opening it up and screwing tighter), but even then the beam just doesn't work much/most of the time. Sometimes there's no beam, sometimes there's a really faint beam which may get brighter with time. You can see a faint red light behind the lens whenever you turn it on...a prime or pump, or whatever it is...but often there's no green beam to follow. Shaking it vigorously will sometimes get the beam to appear and brighten - but usually not. It's essentially useless.



Even when it seems to be working correctly, like many other reviewers I found myself disappointed in the brightness of the beam. I've seen the beam from other lasers that are supposedly the same strength (or LESS) and those beams seemed MUCH brighter. I was actually concerned that the beam on this thing would be dangerously bright, and that I'd have to be extra careful with it. But no...it was *not* a strong beam (even when it works). I've had cheap (like a couple of bucks) red laser pointers that rivaled this thing for brightness. I dare say there's no way those stats are correct - of course, the thing is clearly defective so I'm not sure even when it's "working" that it's really *working.* But other reviews seems to support the contention that the beam does not live up to its stats.



That was the bad news.



The good news is that when I emailed the seller they immediately refunded the entire payment, no questions asked.



The odd part is that they told me not to even bother sending the defective item back to them.



Which makes me think that I'm not the first person to buy this item and have it behave this way, because they made no attempt to troubleshoot the problem and have no interest in getting it back. I could be wrong, of course, but the response suggested the seller thinking, "Another one of those junky Instapark lasers is defective, and we've already got a crate of them returned from other people so it's not even worth the cost of shipping it back."



That's all conjecture - of course - but I did find it odd that they specifically told me *not* to return it to them, and didn't even ask if I wanted a replacement. They just refunded my money and said, "Sorry - have a good one!"



Of course, I'd already paid $12 for a couple of replacement batteries (since it doesn't use common batteries such as AAA) and have no other use for those...so I still came out behind in the deal.



Do not buy this product. - Instapark - Laser Pointers - Laser Pointer - Green Laser'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Life Changing - instapark, laser pointer laser pointers Life Changing - instapark, laser pointer