Friday 15 July 2011

Hardwood Floors - dust mops, cleaning tools


A couple of tips: don't wear them to walk from a dirty hard surface onto carpet. The fibers in the carpet will pull the dust, gunk and hair out of the chenille and deposit it onto your carpet. That's easy enough to avoid if you shake them out over a trash bin, though.



Also, follow the manufacturer's instructions and do NOT use fabric softener when you wash them. Softeners contain a lubricant that will ruin the chenille's ability to pick up and hold on to stuff, defeating the entire purpose of using these things.



As to their effectiveness, I can't say these things are miracle workers, since they don't get up the crumbs my son inevitably strews on the kitchen floor whenever he eats. But they certainly do a great job on hair.



I have two cats, one of which is a long-haired thing, and I just don't have the time to sweep our tile and hardwood floors daily to get their hair up. So when I ran across these slippers on Amazon I figured I'd give them a try, and I've been quite pleased with the results.



They're also excellent on human hair, which is why I've now purchased a pair for my teenage daughter to wear when she's fussing with her 'do in her bathroom.



No more furry floors for me! Slipper Genie Microfiber Cleaning Slippers, Pink

Love them! Not only are they comfortable on your feet- walking barefoot on hardwood floors is harsh on your soles - they keep your floors cleaner by picking up dust as you go about your day. I bought two pairs, went to buy another and the store was sold out! I want to buy more so when visitors are here they can put on a pair and help with my cleaning:-)

I love my slipper genies. They are comfortable and clean the floor as I walk. I have 4 rescue dogs that shed a lot. These slippers help. I just toss them in the washer, after drying, they are ready to go again!

I bought a pair of these slipper 1 week ago, and yesterday bought my second pair. They are terrific! Although the "shocking pink" color is a little unsettling at first - I have learned to become color blind, so to speak.



I have 5 cats, wooden floors throughout my entire house, tiled kitchen floors, and a husband who patrols the whole place with a swifter by his side. However, since using these slippers, I have been able to just pick up cat hair, dust bunnies, and other particles just by walking over them. It is amazing. No effort, no spray bottles, no having to bend over and make sure I got every bit of dust - and then having to go over the area again. These just pick it all up in their pink little rasta braids.



After a few days, I followed the instructions and washed them in my washing machine, hung them up to dry and was back cleaning the floors as I strolled around my home.



I strongly recommend giving these little guys a try. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed unless of course you are attempting to clean up large items on the floor. But for animal hair and dust - these are the best.

So they do in fact pick up some dust....but will wearing these mean you never have to sweep again? No. Honestly, they just kinda crack me up wearing them around the house because they're so silly looking -- and I like that I can pretend I'm being efficient and helping to clean my house in the process. If you're expecting a miracle and are going to be upset about wasted money, then no, I wouldn't recommend them. If you're looking for a laugh and something that may make a modest contribution to your household maintenance, then enjoy the goofy looking slippers!

My mother was always complaining that my dog was shedding and she had to sweep the floors all the time. I originally purchased this as a joke, and it definitely brought laughs on Christmas Day. However, I found my mom wearing them, and she said they worked and are very easy to clean, you can literally pull all the hair and dust out, and wash up very nice.

I sent these to my mom as a gag gift but she thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread. She likes to wear them and says she has the cleanest floors in town. They go into the washer and dryer for a quick cleaning. Fun and useful product.

A dozen were ordered for my horse-addicted Saddle Club soul sisters who would rather ride horses and work in the barn than do housework. The only drawback is that I ordered hot pink and got lime green. They were well recieved as gifts. Functionally and for the purpose of gifting, they got some laughs and immediate trials and positive feedback ("They work!!"). Great gifts for those who have other priorities and a sense of humor.

It's really fun to slide around my wood floors in these slippers. In fact, it makes me smile just to look at the slippers--all the little squishy parts on the bottom give them a unique look. The only problem a person might have with them is size. Apparently, they only come in one size. I wear a size 7 1/2 and they barely fit my foot. Also, they are rather wide, so I need to wear socks with them to keep them on. They would be perfect for a smaller, wider foot. - Dust Mops - Cleaning Tools - Dusters - Dust Bunnys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hardwood Floors - dust mops, cleaning tools dusters Hardwood Floors - dust mops, cleaning tools