Wednesday 22 June 2011

Toddler Bike Seat - baby bike seat, toddler bike seat


Before purchasing this seat, I had to carefuly do a deep research on the subject. I am a 6'2" guy, so, a was really concerned about having the seat hitting my knees. My neighbor has another model, which does not work at all for me, not even for him. He has to keep his legs kind of open in order to be able to ride the bike... Terrible!



Furtunately, I decided to go with the most expensive model. Sometimes the cheap become expenseive, isn't it? well... I did the right decision, instead of spending $48 dollars, I spent $89.00 on this safe-T-seat, and I cannot be happier.



The seat mechanism is really simple. It's just a little T-bar that you will be in contact with the bike. The seat plugs itself on this bar. The seat keeps in a perfect position. Even my long legs do not touch it when riding. I can ride my bike just like I was riding before the new passenger.



It took me less than 5 minutes to install the T-bar on my bike.



My daughter stays in a very comfortable position. By the way, she loved the new activity, and keeps asking me all the time for "MORE" when she sees the bike.



Well, if you want to have pleasure time and no headaches while in your bike, this is the seat you need to purchase.



CONS: The only thing I didn't like much about this product is that it only support kids up to 32 pouds. Well, nothing in the world is totally perfect! So there is no time to lose, I will ride my bike with my daughter as much as I can before she reachs her 38 pouds. :)





Hope you enjoy my review.



---- ---- ---- 3 Years and 3000 Miles Latter ---- ---- ----



Hi everyone... here I am again (Jan-08-2009) to give you an additional feedback about this product.



My daughter is now 42 pounds (4 years old), and 110cm tall - I am still riding the bike with her. Her legs now touch the bottom of the seat, giving her more support. Her heigth still does not bother me.



Since she is now havier than the suggested weight, I will no longer take her on the seat, I am thinking about one of those semi-bikes that we attach on the back. The good news is that my wife is pregnant, and my Safe-T seat is still like new after 3000 miles - I am positive I will soon enough use it with the new baby that is about to arrive.



Thank you all for the POSITIVE VOTES on this review. iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat

I've looked at all of them and this was the only one that had consistently good reviews. This is one of the very few times that I have bought something based solely on the reviews, but the other seats had such bad reviews that I had to give this a try. The five star rating is well-deserved.



High points:

1. MY WIFE PUT IT ON THE BIKE. That is historic. It is very easy to install. You can read the instructions and have it put on the bike in 5 minutes. All other seats require HOURS or require you to take it to a bike shop.

2. Seat is sturdy and my little girl loves it.

3. Instructions say max. weight is 38 lbs. Some reviews show a lower weight so they may be for an older model.

4. MY WIFE PUT IT ON THE BIKE. Oh, I already said that.

5. I'm 6'2" and this was not a problem to use. It takes a little adjustment when you are turning the bike, but that is not a problem. Did I tell you that my wife put it on the bike?



Low points:

1. None, other than I wish I had known that you could buy additional mounts ("stingers") at the time I bought it so I could save on shipping.

I bought this product for my 22 month old son who weighs a little over 29 lbs now. The boy loves the seat and the assembling on the bike is fairly easy. The seat easily comes on and off within 1 minute once the clamp is attached to the handle. The positives on this seat are definitely the fact that the child can see everything rather than looking at the adult's back. It also allows for close interaction between you and your child as you can speak to them directly and they can look up and see you.



I have mounted the seat on a mountain bike and the 3 big negatives that I've found so far is that since the bike is mounted near the center of the bike, you basically lose the ability to straddle the bike when you have to stop riding. This can be difficult when you come up to a stop light and you have to turn the bike handle to the left so that you can make enough room to be able to fit between the seat and the baby carrier and straddle the bike. Another disadvantage compared to rear baby carriers is that my son will usually fall asleep after riding about 15 or 20 minutes since he enjoys the motion. But since the carrier doesn't have a high back or sides, his head doesn't get any support so he starts to lean forward or to the side. The shoulder straps keep him in place, so I'm not too concerned about safety, it's more an issue of convenience as I don't like to ride with him "flopping" about like that. Lastly, when removing the boy from the seat, his foot will have a tendency to get stuck in between the carrier and the front handlebar. You have to make an effort to push his feet to point down before it will slip through and you can carry him out. This is due to the fact that with a lower handlebar and the gears on the handle, it doesn't leave much free space to maneuver.



I don't think the manufacturer can really do too much about the negatives I mentioned and I do think that having the child riding up front outweighs the negatives when compared to a rear seat carrier. According to the manufacturer, they rated this seat up to 32 lbs only, so I only have a few more months to use this. But I intend to make the most of it since I enjoy biking and getting the chance to do it with my son with this product makes it much easier. - Ibert - Baby Bike Seat - Child Bike Seat - Toddler Bike Seat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information