Wednesday 22 June 2011

Blackberry - blackberry, battery


The product itself is no-brainer. A new battery can spring life back into your device.



But, I have ordered a few of these and just learned a valuable lesson. The first few I purchased I selected ZenithMobile and they all arrived Brand new and are great.



This last one however, I ordered it from Ace Photo Digital and they sent me a probably 3-4 year old battery with a new label.. The old label underneath was still visible and had hair sticking out of it! The brass contacts were dirty and wore badly. I'm currently waiting on a resolution from Ace Photo Digital, but for a $7 product I'm not expecting too much.



*UPDATE* 16SEP09



Ace Photo Digital has contacted me and is sending a new battery.



*UPDATE* 26SEP09



APD sent me another battery, which unfortunately turned out to be used again. I gave up. Maybe APD has a bad supplier... Who knows Blackberry OEM Battery

I know, it's just a battery and it does its job. What's to say on top of that? Well, for starters, Murphy's Law will say that your battery will go dead much more rapidly than if you had brought your charger along. Seeing how I've forgotten my charger the last few trips I've been on, I can certainly attest to this. And if you're on your Blackberry religiously like most people, carrying a spare battery is a great idea. After time, that battery will decrease in its ability to hold a charge. For under $15, it makes perfect sense to just buy one.



This battery fits the 8700x and 83x0 (Curve) series Blackberry devices. Both are amazing devices that just work. Keeping a spare battery around ensures that you'll have the device at the ready and playing/working hard as you do.

I've owned several cell phones (the 8820 Curve is the Best one yet) and I always get a spare battery for obvious reasons. Sooner or later all batteries fail, either from age, neglect or abuse. It's reassuring to know that you won't be a victim of a dead battery when you need your phone the most. At the time of this review the battery is priced at just over $6 and this is a GREAT PRICE! They generally sell for around $50 - a real bargain!

"Very FAST free shipping from Ace Photo Digital! Ordered 2 OEM batteries for Blackberry Curve 8330 for $7.65 each. One looked identical, the other slightly different. But both charged up to full capacity, and both are working as good as the original batteries. Highly recommend Ace Photo Digital, including their policies, and also this specific replacement battery!!!"

I DO BELIEVE THESE ARE REFURBISHED BATTERIES! For less than $1.50 I thought I was getting a steal, but in fact it was NOTHING like that. I have had my Blackberry for only 7 months and once I charged the batteries, it only last in my phone for a good hour if that and runs down very fast during non-talk time. Please pay more for your batteries because it is VERY FRUSTRATING trying to charge these batteries and then after having it on the charger for "6 DARN HOURS" it only had a half of a charge! The kicker is one of the batteries stayed on the charger ALL NIGHT AND NEVER CHARGED! I will not waste my money again. WISH YOU LUCK IF YOU GO THIS ROUTE.

The battery I purchased online said it was "new." It definitely was not new. The label was ripped and the connectors were dirty and used. False advertising 100% . If I wanted a used battery I could have purchased one for half the price of this one, which is used but labeled as new.

A few weeks ago, I ordered a replacement Blackberry OEM Battery from Accessory One through Amazon. It was a complete dud. Accessory One then sent out a replacement battery. I hardly use my blackberry (mainly for reviewing approx 10-15 short e-mails & approx 20 min. worth of phone calls a day) and this replacement battery loses all of its power w/in several hours of being fully charged. I would not recommend purchasing cell phone batteries from this merchant. - Curve - 8330 - Battery - Blackberry'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry - blackberry, battery blackberry Blackberry - blackberry, battery