Wednesday 22 June 2011

Garmin Nuvi Gps - numaps lifetime, garmin nuvi gps


i wanted an upgrade from an older model because i was taking a 1100 mi trip to see family. I had absolutely no problems finding anything. I had been warned about a road that throws people off but this got me to my destination door to door. The satelite has never been lost due to the weather and we drove through some down pours. I find satelites as soon as it is turned on as soon as i finish typing in where i want to go it is there. I absolutely love it. Garmin nĂ¼vi 1300 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map Updates

I am very pleased with the Garmin 1300. It's really intuitive to use, especially for someone like me who can become overwhelmed by technology. You still need maps for back-up. There were times during a recent trip through rural areas where the Garmin announced that it had lost sateliette reception, and without the maps we could have easily become lost. Still, it's an excellent device and I am happy I bought it.

This is my first GPS and I am very happy with this GPS. I selected this brand and model because it offers a Pedestrian mode and it always has free lifetime map updates. Great easy to view screen and wonderful voice directions (which I use more then the map itself)

This GPS is amazing! I love it. It auto updates, and also very quick to recalculate if you miss your turn. This gps blows the tomtom out of the water, witch is what I had before. This is a must have gps!

This is a great GPS. I did quite a bit of research on GPS's and decided on wanted a unit with Lifetime maps as it is more cost effective to get one with lifetime maps than to buy a new unit every few years. we had a garmin before and it suddenly died on us (after nearly 4.5 years). after looking at costs and features, we decided on another garmin unit as we were very happy with the garmin we had before. setup was a breeze (pretty much, no setup at all). the unit was up and running in no time and was able to lock onto satellites very quickly. routing is what you expect from nearly all GPS's, but garmin interface is really great. it makes it so easy to type in addresses and look for POI which are near by.



the only downsides are connecting it to the computer to get updates. the program to get the updates is really easy to use, but you have first get a garmin account and navigating around the website is confusing. after stumbling around the website, i was able to activate the lifetime maps card which came with the device and i could not anywhere on the site that would indicate I have lifetime maps. i had to email customer service, who said i am all good. i was able to down load and install the latest maps (took a really really long time), but i suppose that could be my internet connection.



overall, the unit great and we could not be happier with the unit. the garmin website and online account which is required could definitely use some improving (my old garmin required a program be installed and the program would handled everything). in any case, still a great unit.

Yesterday I bought Garmin 1300 for our second car. I was curious to compare the performance of Garmin 1300 with that of my old Garmin 255W GPS. Garmin 1300 is sleek and has attractive display. Response wise Garmin 1300 was no better than Garmin 255W. While Garmin 255W successfully guided me through shorter routes, Garmin 1300 failed to identify shortcuts and insisted on taking me through longer routes involving freeways.

I bought the 1300 Garmin for Christmas for my husband. We have been using it for 2 weeks now and it is so far so good. He has it turned on even when he is just driving around in town, which is a big help with showing upcoming exits, and allows to zoom in/out to review the area we are are driving in. He found that programming navigation in town is good but may give us an alternate route that is just not logical. I am sure it will be indispensable though when we try to get to areas we do not know at all. Finding POIs is easy. Sending custom addresses from Google to GPS is very easy, I wish there was a way to create custom routes with several navigational points. I also like the capability of downloading custom POIs with user photos for say a sightseeing trip. Our unit came with Lifetime maps, which is a big plus for us. Our town has so many new roads popping up everywhere that the GPS would get outdated without that quickly otherwise.

Options such as changing vehicle is cute but useless. We are still testing the EcoRoute capability.

We are planning to visit family in Europe this summer and renting a car. I am planning to purchase the SD car loaded with European maps to help us getting around. This is going to be a huge help.

Just returned from a trip from Louisiana to Indiana and back. Used the GPS to guide me along some of the back roads in rural Indiana and it worked just great. I really like the lifetime map updates. Wish it had the feature telling you what the speed limit is where you are. - Numaps Lifetime - Garmin Nuvi Gps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information