Wednesday 22 June 2011

Multipurpose Paper - copy, good price


Turns out that shipping 26 lbs of paper in a thin cardboard box is somewhat problamatic. Ours arrived with the top busted off and the box taped back together by the shipping company. I assume this happened because the box was being handled individually and tossed from station to station by the shipping personnel and equipment. 26lbs of paper has a lot of momentum and that is a pretty thin cardboard box. So the top split open and spilled the contents. That box was meant to be shipped on a pallet not individually. The top 10-15% of paper was all dishuffled and wrinkled. We kept the box as I didn't want to hassle with returning it but I think I'll go back to picking up a case at the local Office[Depot/Max].The cost is about the same and I will get the paper intact. HP Office Quickpack Paper, 92 Brightness, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 2500 Sheets (11210-3)

While the price is right on this box of loose paper, it is has a major shortcoming: it is very flimsy. Usually, I buy 24lb paper, and I didn't realize the plunge from 24 to 20 would be so drastic, but it is. So, I just use this paper as draft paper, and when I need to print out an essay for college etc., I pop in the 24 lb paper.



I gave 5 stars because it is not HP's fault that I didn't know the drastic difference in paper weight etc. In the end, paper is paper!

I've ordered hundreds of items from Amazon over the years and have come to depend on their packaging to protect my items -- I've been very satisfied until I ordered this HP Office paper Quickpack. They just slapped a label and an invoice on the book and shipped it. The cardboard is thin (THIS IS NOT A SHIPPING BOX!!) and inside this thin layer of cardboard is just one big stack of 2500 individual sheets -- not a collection of wrapped 500 sheet reams.

I see from other reviews that I am not the only one to have had this problem. Personally I submitted a packaging review along with photos -- I hope that others will do the same.

I do not know how they decide on type of packaging, but I think that unless a box is clearly a shipping box - which this one clearly is not designed to be, it should be protected inside a proper shipping box. AMAZON -- you "dropped the ball" on this one.

HP Office Quickpack Paper, 92 Brightness, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 2500 Sheets (11210-3)

I love these 2500 paper packs. I don't know why some reviews have has an issue with the paper quality; this is standard quality laser printer paper in a standard brightness level. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the product, and prints on it turn out beautiful in both black-and-white as well as color. The carton is now shipping nested in a larger, thicker brown cardboard box, so shipping problems described by other reviewers are a thing of the past (at least those caused by shipping the paper without proper protection). When Amazon puts these cartons on sale, they're much cheaper than buying a ream of individually wrapped paper like you get at an office big-box store. This is standard (and by standard I mean excellent) quality printing paper at a great price. You can't go wrong here.

The easy to open box without internal wrappers seems like a great idea except Amazon ships the box without an outer-box, so the box that you are stuck with is covered in grime and dirt when it arrives. If Amazon would ship the box within another box to protect it from damage and dirt, this product would be a great idea. Now I am stuck with a 2500 sheet box of paper that is dented, torn, dusty, and partially covered in an unknown sticky black residue.

I bought the HP 11210 box specifically because I hate unwrapping reams of paper. It's wasteful and I find it depressing. The HP 20' paper is fine - it's very white, thin and lightweight. It doesn't cause jams and it takes the toner nice and tight. All in all this is fine everyday laser printer paper in an inexpensive and convenient form. - Multipurpose Paper White - Good Price - Copy - Paper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information