Tuesday 7 June 2011

Labeling Tape - labeling system tapes, gadget


I've had no trouble with this machine so far. Many people have noted the amount of tape that is wasted, but there are ways to minimize that if you are making more than one label at a time. You can set the margins to narrow or none and then turn off the automatic cutting feature. Just make a label, print, then make another, print, etc. You do need to be careful if you take a break because if the machine automatically shuts down it will reset the automatic cutting feature even though it will retain your last label information. Just be sure to check the auto cut option before you print and rest it to manual and you should be fine. Once you have a long string of labels, you can cut them apart with no difficulty; there are even dots to help you get the cut straight. Brother 3/4 Inch x 26.2 Feet Black on White Labeling Tape (TZ241)

Once you have an AC Adapter for this machine, you're home free--otherwise forget it, too much trouble to keep batteries charged or replaced. There are alot of features that I have not taken advantage of, however the overall ease of use is right up there with a typewriter; didn't even crack open the manual to get started. Keep it as a reference if you want to get fancy. Meanwhile, to solve the peeling off the backing issue, all you need is the little plastic tool that should come with it. I know, because I spent a whole day frustrated with trying to use my fingernails until I looked in the box and found the gray plastic thingie with a vertical slot in it. Works like a CHARM! Just don't lose it. (You can buy another one if you need.) Another strange caveat: I just tried using White on Black 3/4 tape and the feeder stalled, condensing some of my text. Careful on supplier. I have not found W on B that works yet.

We use the labels for a PT 1960 Labeler that we bought some time ago.



We finally realized that to remove the backing you need to lift the backing horizontally and in the middle, as there is a perforation which lifts up quite easily on the back of the tape. You fold the tape in the middle and lift the backing from the center of the tape (non-printed side) lifting half way up or down and you can then remove the backing. (You are folding in half the long part of the tape.)When you fold the back side in the middle, you will see the perforation in the middle of the tape. Hope this helps with removing the backing and exposing the adhesive.



We look forward to the tapes resisting UV Rays as they are placed on metal plant markers.

I've been initially looking for 1/2 inch label cartridges for my labeler (Brother PT-1950 P-touch PC-Ready Labeler for Small Workgroups) which was the standard cartridge for the labeler. During my search, I found the 3/4 inch label cartridge and decided to give it a shot. You can get some really LARGE labels out of the 3/4 inch labels. Highly recommend to anyone with using any labelers out there.

I purchased a labeler and 3 widths of tape as a Christmas gift for my daughter-in-law. I did not use it myself, so I asked her to comment on it. She said it worked very well, and she is completely satisfied with it. The labeler and three tape rolls arrived in perfect condition, and on time. - Labeling - Labeling Tape - Gadget - Labeling System Tapes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information