Saturday 25 June 2011

Inkjet - hp, inkjet


Been using the HP02 inks for about a year and they have all been great (as expected). Just started using the HP 02XL inks this past month and am equally satisfied. Standard B&W text is crisp and the photos I print have that extra "pop" on the page. I have never used non-OEM inks and never will. I also like the fact that I can go to HP's web site and print off shipping labels to return the spent cartridges back to HP for "free". Original HP 02XL Magenta Ink Cartridge in Retail Packaging

While I'm very happy with the quality of the text and photo printouts of my C7250, I'm very disappointed in the waste of color inks when printing in just black and white. I print in black and white 98% of the time, yet I've had to replace the Magenta and Yellow ink cartridges almost as often as the black. This tells me that even though I've selected "grayscale, Black Ink Only" in my printer settings, the HP printer is still using Magenta and Yellow. I found this to be such a waste that I decided to buy a Brother HL-2270DW Wireless Laser Printer to offset the cost. My Brother HL-2270DW costs me less than 2 cents per page of B&W text.

As always and with almost all printer manufacturers they ink cartridges is where they take your money away. Hope to find some economical refill kit before I go broke. As always is practically cheaper to purchase an all-new printer instead of the consumables. Nothing wrong with the individual suppliers of Amazon for this items, the problem is the manufacturers.

I have never been let down by products bought from Amazon.com. That was true until I received the HP02 cartridge. As soon I installed the cartridge into the printer, I printed out a document that required only black ink. The document came out with a mixture of bluesh-pinkesh and black lettering. I ran the "Clean Printhead" feature of the machine and its result was a disaster. The coloring and patterns that were supposed to be the result of the cleaning were random at best and some colors were not present. As soon as I looked "under the hood" of the printer, I realized that the Magenta color (the color just installed) was all over the carriage and sides of printer. I honestly don't know what went wrong, as I installed the cartridge the same way as I have for the past year, but what I know is that my printer now is not working properly. The printout is in random colors and unacceptable. I would like to believe that this is a one time incident caused by a defective cartridge, but I am inclined to believe that this was not a brand new cartridge but a refurbished/recycled one. I requested a full refund from Amazon.com. - Inkjet - Hp'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information