Sunday 15 May 2011

Skin Laboratory - peels, peel


I want to add to the reviews that I studied esthetics and carried a license as an esthetician for a period of time and I used peels and various glycolic and lactic acids on clients and for personal use. I can attest to the quality of these. I was weary at first because I have ordered on line in the past and ended up with something that just burnt the skin and did more damage than good. There is a wide range of quality associated with these peels, and this product is one of the best. There was a slight burn/tingling when I applied it, but it left the skin just "sunkissed" looking. No peeling or down time involved...and it really did the job to remove the superficial layer of skin and create a healthy glow. I would highly recommend this. One last note...it is not recommended to apply peels in the summer months because removing layers of dead skin cells makes you much more vulnerable to damage from the sun. Although I know better than to use it in mid-July as I have been...I am super careful to be sure to apply a minimum of 20 spf for every day and 40 spf and a hat on sunny days spent outdoors. Glyco-Lac/60, Level 2 Gel Peel -30 ml/1 fl oz

This product arrived the next day , I was shocked how quick to came. I have mild sun damage, enlarged pores and have always had acne issues-blackheads on the nose, mild sebaceous cyst like, congested skin so my skin has mild scarring-texture and acne marks and oily skin, mostly t-zone area.

I have only used it twice, every 5 days, but have noticed an improvement in skin condition, texture is improving, my skin feels better, acne is alot better, minor wrinkles seem to be improving, acne scars look to be less, moisturizer seems to soak into my skin better not just "sit " on top anymore -skin seems more "plump", haven't noticed much with the age spots/sun damage yet, but will see after a few more applications. I feel comfortable now going out without having putting on alot of makeup to cover those issues, just a little concealer & power and I'm good, no more heavy makeup base.

I was able to leave this on my skin starting at 3 minutes I am now up to 5, it does have a mild sting to it, didn't have much redness and what was there was better by morning. I did used a mix of about a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water for a neutralizer which did help, I splashed it on my skin after rinsing product off, left it sit for a minute or two then rinsed that off. My skin is sensitive to alot of products, but wasn't overly irritated by this, what I would say would be acceptable. My skin didn't flake, appear overly dry or "peel" and I used the Dandelion moisturizer from Better Botanicals afterwards.

My skin is improving and hope the age spots start to fade a bit more. I would recommend this product, but everyone's skin is different, and do a test patch to figure out the tolerance for your skin.

Also I am a VERY picky on products I use for my skin, this so far is making a difference in the right direction and I will continue to use it!

This product came with a small bottle of the salicylic acid peel, which i used beforehand. It was much stronger than this to me, but i dealt with it, plus it was nice that they included it in the package. I had yet to find something that would lighten the noticable dark places on my face but this has done it. i am in my early 40s and although my skin was not really bad, it has made a noticable difference, especially in the tone. it does tingle upon application but doesn't burn, and I had no peeling effect, but i am overall happy with it and will be ordering more.

I ordered this after reading about the benefits of glycolic and lactic acid peels. Ever since I turned 24 (I'm 25 now) my face just EXPLODED! I haven't had a clear, unzitty day so far! (And recently it's been getting worse)....



I read about how these acids help to "Unglue" the dead skin cells from your face so that the fresh skin cells can regenerate better and also the dead cells won't be able to clog up into pores (Which is one reason for acne)..... The minute I read this I had to try a peel and see if it would help me skin!



I put it on last night, only kept it on for 2 minutes and then rinsed it off thoroughly. I also bought the pH balancer to use as an after treatment. SO far my skin FEELS so soft and LOOKS a LOT smoother. I'm waiting for the remaining spots I have on my face to heal up and then in the next week or so I will let you know if this helps keep new breakouts at bay by keeping my face regenerating........ I HOPE THIS WORKS!



EDIT: It is now 01/14/09 and WOW! What a difference! At first I used this peel once a week for about a month and MAN! It makes your skin so smooth and soft. After about two weeks I noticed I had not had ONE cystic zit! NONE! (I was still getting littler ones here and there but they were NOTHING compared to the big painful cystic zits I would normally get!) And now, two months later and my face is almost completely clear. I get about one zit a week, and it goes away FAST! I am so happy I found something that helped my acne prone skin! - Peels - Peel - Facial - Skin Laboratory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information