Tuesday 31 May 2011

Power Supply - surge protectors, power supply


The best thing about the design is that it's barely a few millimeters wider than the outlets. Therefore, it's got an extremely thin profile which I love. I use this above my custom built workbench in my garage for power tools. It has a surge protector for safety-a must with power tools around.

Cheap price and 16 outlets makes it a must buy if you need this type of product. I like so much that I may use it for behind my bar renovation downstairs also. Tripp Lite PS4816 16-Outlet Power Strip (15-Amp, 15-Foot Cord)

Overall sturdy, well built, and superbly designed power strip. The plastic safety cover over the on off switch was made of stiff thin plastic and was broken when received. That part could have been made better using a more pliable or flexible rubber or plastic and achieved the same goal.

I bought this to mount under my office desk so that I could plug all my computer hardware in and other misc. stuff. I previously had two different smaller strip plugs laying on the floor and it looked horrible and made it impossible to vacuum. This strip plug handles all my gadgets and leaves me 2 empty sockets for more stuff.



Pros:

Price. The local big box hardware stores sell similar strip plugs but at a much higher price.

Looks. This is a sleek and good looking power strip.

Cord. This strip plug has a VERY long cord and easily reaches from my desk to the wall outlet.

Power Switch. I like that the power switch is covered so it is not accidentally turned off.



Cons:

Mounting. I assumed there would be mounting holes on the back of the power strip - but there isn't. Actually, there is nothing on this power strip to aid in mounting it. I ended up using $30 worth of industrial Velcro to mount mine under my desk.

Plug Placement. I really wish the outlets themselves were rotated 90 degrees. As they are now, a large block style plug could obstruct the next outlet. Turning them sideways would keep this from happening.

Power Switch. While I like having a covered power switch, the latch faces an outlet and makes it very difficult to unlatch the cover without unplugging the outlet closest to the cover.



Overal all I'm very happy, but adding mounting holes on the back, placing the power button cover latch on the opposite side and rotating the plugs themselves would make it a 5-star product and keep it better than the competition.

Great power strip. Has enough outlets for all of my stuff (which is quite the accomplishment).

I like that the outlets are spread enough apart to fit larger plugs and transformers without blocking the adjacent outlet. It is also nice that the power strip has a long cord allowing it to reach where you need to mount it.

It's a power strip, so there isn't much to this review. Power strips either work, or don't. This one does.



I will say, though, that it is very handy to have a giant power strip like this around. I've purchased several now so that I can have one behind my couch, desk, and an extra for the back porch. Whenever friends come over, everyone has a laptop and needs to jack in, so these power strips end up being perfectly useful.

I have been using Tripp Lite products since the 1970s, many of our power strips from that era are still in service -- top quality and design can not be beat. Never a fear buying any Tripp Lite product.

I use this above my workbench in my garage. I leave my drill press, mitre saw and cordless drill battery chargers plugged into the strip alll the time. I chose this model because of the power on/off switch on the front which becomes important when you need to change a drill bit or saw blade without having to unplug the tool each time. With four outlets used, I still have 12 or so left over for other tools, vacuum, glue gun, light, etc. I have had as many as three high-energy need tools running at once and the power strip took it like a pro. I kinda want one for my office now.... - Surge Protectors - Power Supply'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information