Tuesday 31 May 2011

Kid Headphones - wire, kid headphones


Nothing special here: don't expect heavy solid construction or anything, but it survived two 10 hour flights on a 2-year olds head (not used much though, but it was shoved around in bags). Volume limiter is there and works, possibly even too agressively when in a noisy environment. The color caps are nice too. Maxell 190338 Kids Safe Headphone (Black)

The headphones fit great on my four year old. The sound quality isn't that great, but they work fine. They do exactly what I wanted - minimize the level of sound from the mp3 player. My daughter has no problem hearing her music even while in the van, with road noise. However, many times she does have it at the maximum level. But, these headphones limit what that max is so I feel comfortable with her using them regularly.

So, I understand that these headphones are designed to prevent them from reaching a dangerous volume. However, they are so volume-limited that you actually can't hear anything through them. Our portable DVD player on maximum volume with normal headphones is painfully loud. With these headphones you can barely hear the sound, even on the highest volume setting. On an airplane with all the background noise, it's not audible.



I don't recommend them. You might as well connect up a tin can with a string.



Oh, and I bought 2 of them so it's not just a single defective pair.

My 3 year old son snapped his pair in half on the first day... my 2 year old daughter can't quite get used to her pair. Both would rather not use them...

I was surprised that they were not constructed with more durability in mind. They worked fine, but my boy was just too much for them.

I should of gone with the school grade headphones. I got these for my three and five year old for a shared mp3 player for car trips. The wires are constantly getting tangled which is causing the black wire covering to crack at the base. My daughter complains she can't hear constantly until someone wiggles the base.

I think it may be the options that they have to change the colors on the ear pieces...but my 3 kids really love these! The price wasn't bad & they fit each of my kids good b/c they are made for smaller heads. They work, my kids love them, & price wasn't bad..I say good buy!

My daughter loves these headphones,and can be seen wearing them several hours at time. She also really likes that she can switch out the colors depending on her mood or outfit. These are also the first headphones we have found that don't slip down to her neck -- yay! I give them 4 and not 5 stars because the wires started to pull out of the junction where they split into two seperate wires to the earpieces within a week. Seems like a product designed for kids should hold up better that that. However, since we duct taped that whole section we haven't had any problems at all. (For reference, my daughter is a very petite 8 year old.)

These were terrific for the two days they worked. Today my 6 year old puts them on, and nothing. He's back to using the headphones I bought when I was in college - 20 years ago - even though they're much too big at least they work. Why don't they make things like they used to??? Kid's products should be more durable than adult's, not less. - Kid Headphones - Wire'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information