Sunday 1 May 2011

Car Speakerphone - bluetooth, handsfree


After reading all the reviews, I initially went with the Motorola Roadster. I liked that it had the ability to read text messages (my teenage sons favorite way to communicate with me) and that it turned on automatically when I got in the car. Once I had it, it works basically as stated but the sound quality was so poor and the fm transmitter was poor. I bought the Jabra 2 and have been using it for the past few days. I was so surprised when the voice came on reading me a text message! Motorola doesn't tell you this but the app MotoSpeak works with other units! Not only that but the quality of speech is far superior on the Jabra unit. So far, I'm really happy with it. Both units pair with 2 devices, both have FM transmitters, both use voice commands.



Based on my primary uses, here's my list of pros/cons for each



Jabra: Pros

Voice dialer is accurate

Display lights are easy to see.

Connects very quickly with my phone.

Good sound from the unit itself

Better FM transmitter (Washington D.C. area airwaves are packed but I get clear sound all around town)

Nice loud sound from unit, can use it if FM station isn't available.

Announces name of caller/texter

When using with GPS, it is clear and uninterrupted.



Cons:

Doesn't turn on automatically, easy to forget

can't dictate a text response



Points for Motorola roadster: Pros

Automatically turns on when I get in the car

Uses motospeak to play texts

More voice commands. Can just say "answer" or "ignore" for incoming call.

Can dictate a text response



Cons:

Voice dial is very inaccurate

Display lights aren't visible, don't know if it lost the connection

If unit is turned off, once turned on, it doesn't connect to phone unless it is first plugged into charger. Could just be a defective unit but a very annoying quirk

sound from unit too low to use in place of FM transmission

Poor FM transmission. Constantly having to change stations which makes it very hands on!

Cuts off the first part of sentece when using phone GPS

only gives phone number not name even though the phone book was downloaded.



I'm keeping the Jabra Cruiser 2 and sending the other back to amazon. Although the ability to dictate a text response is nice, I find it just as easy to call someone back instead. I don't mind having to turn the unit on when I get in the car. If I forget, the unit pairs so quickly that I can do it before I answer a call and not miss the incoming call. Hope that helps!! Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone

I just received the CRUISER2 yesterday and am highly impressed. Once charged all I had to do was turn on Bluetooth on my iPhone4 and the CRUISER2 immediately recognized the phone and started downloading my contacts. I was interested in a powerful speakerphone but one that also allowed me to use A2DP to stream audio. Unlike other reviewers, I found this device really shone using the FM transmitter. All I had to do was push the FM button on the side of the device and it literally called out the radio station to use. As soon as I switched the car radio to the requested station, my BMW328xi actually showed "CRUISER2" on the display. I streamed music and podcasts from the iPhone4 to the FM receiver using the CRUISER2 and the sound was solid with little distortion or background noise. It's not the same quality as a CD but given road noise it was no problem whatsoever and I think it actually sounded better than using the car's AUX input. In the middle of listening to some music a call came in on my phone. The device worked well, with folks on the other side of the call saying they heard me very clearly at all times. I switched between using the CRUISER2 speaker to listen to my call and the car's FM receiver (switching was as simple as pushing a button) and both worked great. At one point I did start to hear some static on the FM receiver and immediately the CRUISER2 called out another station to use. If you've ever tried to use your FM receiver with other technologies like XM radio you'll know how frustrating it is to fish through stations to find a clear signal. The CRUISER2 told me the station, I switched, and a crystal clear signal was restored. Sometimes it's the simple things that make all the difference.



I can't recommend this enough. Small, functional, easy to use, and the ability to use the A2DP to stream music was awesome and much cheaper than having BMW charge me $700 to put the Bluetooth capability in the car. The combination of the CRUISER2 and my iPhone4 was great. Add $5 for a vent-mounted iPhone holder and you're all set.

I got this because I was constantly losing my bluetooth headsets, so I ended up buying something I figured I wouldn't put down and forget.



I use the Cruiser 2 for my iPhone 4.

1. it announces the callers +

2. it can play the music via fm transmitter +

3. battery life is exceptional! ++



Only negative is the FM transmitter

I would imagine with a unit of this size they could've made the transmitter a little more powerful.

In the bay area our airways are really crowded and I always have to swap between a few stations I know are dead.



The 14 hours of use time is actually what I get with the product. It's great because I can leave this in the car

and plug it into the cig lighter when the batteries get low. Or I bring it inside the same night and charge it up.

Even without using the fm transmitter the voice quality is very clear via the built in speakers and if you really wanted

to you can play your music through there as well (not so great quality speakers for that though) - Car Speakerphone - Handsfree - Bluetooth - Hands Free'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


hands free Car Speakerphone - bluetooth, handsfree