Sunday 10 April 2011

Wireless Remote - camera remote, digital camera accessory


I currently own a Canon Rebel XSi. I did a little research on remote shutters before deciding on the Aputure Pro Coworker Remote Shutter. I ultimately chose this remote for its use of RF radio frequency over infrared by Canon's RC1 and RC5. I was able to leave my camera in one room and walk over 50ft away, and while pressing through 2 walls still getting instant triggering.



Some things to note: if you insert the transmitter in to the hot shoe slot, the pop-up flash is disabled. No biggie just let it dangle or wrap it around the camera/lense somehow if you are need of the flash. Also, this remote does not require you to change the drive mode to "Self-timer/Remote control." Whatever drive mode you set your camera for, is what will be used if you leave the remote trigger on continuous shutter release. "Aputure" Pro Coworker Wireless Remote, RF Radio Shutter Release for Canon EOS Digital Rebel t1i, t2i, t3, t3i, xt, xti, xs, xsi 300d, 350d, 400d, 450d, 500d, 550d, 600d, 1000d, 1100d, 60d, Fullly Compatible with Canon RS 60-E3

I have NO issues with the operation or quality of this accessory. I ordered it with my fingers crossed and was not dissapointed.

One design issue, there are two modes of operation on the transmitter - instant/bulb and self timer mode. The self timer mode seems a little un-needed as this RF release has a good half-press feel and provides vibration free no-contact release. An additional 5-sec delay seems useless unless... you want to be in the pictures yourself and want 5 seconds to stash the transmitter out of sight before the shutter releases? The Instant/Bulb mode: half press then full press to instantly release shutter. You activate the Bulb mode by pressing and holding the shutter release button on the transmitter for >3 seconds. The Red LED on the transmitter will go out, the red LED on the receiver will stay on - deactivate bulb mode by pressing button again.

I wish the switch had Instant/Bulb and OFF positions instead. That's right there is no OFF position for the transmitter. I opened camera bag to find that something had managed to press the buttton in while stored, sloppy me - no biggie, battery seems to last a long time.

This works well with my Canon G11. I do a lot of night photography and HDR. When I have my camera on the tripod and wireless release in my hand I feel like an old time photographer working with the modern day equivalent of a field camera on sticks - air bulb release in hand...

Not only did I received fast delivery and wonderful service, the remote works fantastic! The remotes works same principle as a wireless printer. The camera recognizes it through interior walls. I can also be sitting inside my home (having my camera already set up pointing to the focal point that I want to capture) and snap pictures of my birds at their feeders without scaring them and capture the image! There are so many possibilities with this remote than just snapping a family photo and being within the photo at the same time!

Sorry for any English mistake. I have been using this product for some months already and I am totally satisfied. Easy to use, good range, good price. As an RF shutter its much better than an infra-red one. You don't have to point to the camera to shut. I am using it with my Rebel T2i (canon 550D) and even my 3 years old sun can use it easily. Probably he would have problems with an IR one. I've had an IR one before and this one is much better in range also. And you can hide it from the camera, so you can be part of the picture without showing the remote control. My advice is: dont buy a $2 IR, buy this, you will be much more satisfied. Ok, it takes the place of the flash, I have a speedlite 430ex II. What I do is let the RF receptor connected just by its cable and put the flash in its place. Maybe they could change the design and keep a socket for an external flash, just transmitting the original contacts to a point over this unit or something like this. Another advise: keep a piece of plastic to save the battery of the transmitter. I don't know if the original battery was too bad, but it didn't last very much. I bought a new one and every time I stop using the transmitter I put this piece of plastic to avoid battery contact, just like those that come in some new products. I can even take it out without open the battery cover.

I have a Canon Rebel XS and the remote does not fit on top of my camera as depicted in the pictures. However, I've never had one that fits there so the fact that it just hangs from my camera once plugged in isn't a big deal. The remote works great, but the wireless part leaves a little to be desired. It might be because the remote won't fit on top but it seems like the wireless connection isn't great. All in all, it's a nice product and I'm glad to have it!

The products functions wonderfully. I am completely satisfied with it. Just make sure you keep spare batteries in your camera bag. I don't know if it was the cheap, free batteries that came with this unit or what, but I only used it twice for practice, and when I showed up to a photo shoot, the battery in the remote was dead. There is no "off" switch on the remote portion and the battery died after sitting in the unit for 4 days. I replaced it, and it works great again so far. I just hope this new, name brand battery lasts more than 4 days. - Remote Switch - Camera Remote - Wireless Remote - Digital Camera Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless Remote - camera remote, digital camera accessory digital camera accessory Wireless Remote - camera remote, digital camera accessory