Sunday 10 April 2011

Infertility Solutions - conception, infertility solutions


I had been using the clearblue fertility monitor for years, usually aiming for intercourse on the '3' days (which indicate ovulation.) With the OV watch we had IC on Fertile Day 2 and conceived. I never knew to aim for such an early window, and knowing when the pre-ovulation period was happening is much easier with this product. The OV watch gives you a countdown to ovulation; with the monitor I never knew how many 2's there would be before seeing a 3. Although it was finicky (the sensor /"frits" dried out) the help-line was very helpful and I also found a how-to video at a site called fertilepanda that showed me what to do about it. Also, you only need to wear it up to "Fertile Day 1", so you're free from the device more than 1/2 the time. OV-Watch Fertility Predictor Starter Kit with 1 Month Supply of Sensors

The sensors do not stay in the watch and there is nothing to hold them in place. My first sensor broke before i could even use it $30 down the drain. My second sensor fell out while I was sleeping and has disappeared. Therefore another $30 down the drain and another month of not using this watch. I bought the OV-Watch brand. I followed the directions clearly. my husband even tried (and he's a doctor!) They sensors were OV Watch sensors so i would expect them to fit like a glove. I expected wrong. I would not recommend this watch to anyone. I is so frustrating / upsetting that ths watch was so poorly designed I will even post a video to show how the watch sensor does not fit in the watch.

I have used the watch through two cycles. I followed all instructions and everything has worked as promised. No baby yet but it has taken some of the stress out of trying. Customer service told me that cycle day one is your first FULL DAY of flow. My doctor told me that cycle day one should be the first day you start your flow. I did some research and found this to be correct. The first day you start should be counted as cycle day one. Not the next FULL DAY of flow as the rep at OV told me. Also, keep the watch on tight to avoid it moving around at night.

My husband and I have been TTC for a while now without much luck. The pee strips just weren't working (plus ew!) and while I'm not at all *crazed* to have a kid or hearing any bio clocks ticking, the truth is I'm not getting any younger so it's sort of now or never. The watch confirmed what I already knew, I have around a 20 day cycle and always have (AF sometimes twice in a month is not fun!). The one fault on this watch is that it generally reads. What I mean is there is a fertile day 1, 2, 3, 4, OV day 1 & 2, and then less fertile days 1 &2. Well, not with my regular cycle. First of all, the status change only pops up at midnight. So many days, I was in fertile day 1 all day and it didn't read until midnight. When it said fertile day 1, I was actually in day 2. Then by the time fertile day 4 came up, I had already ovulated.



So our timing was still completely off (although it was better than the pee strips which for me gave zero warning before ovulation).



We went to a RE to try to make things happen on more of a predictable schedule plus I'm slightly hypothyroid & my husband is no spring chicken so we just wanted to make sure everything was working right with both of us. After all the tests, everything works and so I was put on a first round of clomid with an IUI scheduled.



Now here is where the watch made a huge difference. The first cycle on clomid, all my watch sensors failed (bad box) which threw everything off (it happens quite a bit and that plus the general cycle problems is why this product gets 4 stars instead of 5). We went by the RE's schedule for that IUI and even with the trigger shot, it was unsuccessful (even though for the first time ever I had a 28 day cycle).



The second clomid/IUI cycle with a working ov watch? On day 10 the watch at midnight read fertile day 1. After talking to the doctor who was shocked that I was already starting to ovulate, we scheduled the IUI days earlier (on fertile day 4) and never needed the trigger shot. The doctor had me take tons of pee tests to confirm ovulation, but all of them came up negative (as they tend to do with me). I trusted the watch even though the doctor I think was pretty sure we did the IUI too early.



So guess who had a positive home pregnancy test result today? Tomorrow I go in to confirm with the doc! (Wish us luck!)



So yes, the watch does work better than anything else out there today even if you don't fall in the "standard" 28 day cycle and even if you're on clomid. It was an enormous help and although it could be better (read individual results instead of a standard ovulation cycle and if the darned sensors always worked!) it is a great tool that has probably saved us a lot of wasted IUI attempts and $$$$.



Good luck and baby dust to you! XD

I bought this watch because I did not want to be peeing on sticks or take my temperature everyday. I figured I would try other methods after several months of using the OV watch and no results. Well, I don't have to resort to anything else because I got pregnant the first month of using the watch. I strapped it on before going to bed, did a test read to make sure it is working since while it is reading it does not tell you so. The only thing I did not like was the rash I got on my wrist. It went away once I found out I was pregnant and stopped wearing the watch. For those who have to go more than one month, I recommend switching arms. Other than that, I thought it was easy, mess-free, and highly accurate. - Infertility Solutions - Pregnancy - Fertility Tests - Conception'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information