Saturday 23 April 2011

Veterans


I have used a large flag for years to decorate and after finding a few blown into my yard off the flagpole, I started using garbage bag ties to secure it to the flagpole. Not the prettiest solution but better than losing my flag. So I was so happy when I saw these stoppers, finally a good solution to this problem.



I ordered them and when they came in, I immediately realized I had made a mistake in not paying close enough attention to the fact that these are made for "garden flag poles" which are the small flags. The holes in these stoppers were too small for my large flagpole. I felt so stupid because these are the perfect solution to this problem. So I tried using a knife to make the holes bigger. That didn't work because the quality of these stoppers is so good that it just wouldn't "shave off" like I was trying to do.



So I got online again to try and find the stoppers for large flagpoles. I can't find any!! I'm so disappointed that I finally find a solution for a problem I've dealt with for years but can't find the right size.



I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a smaller garden flagpole, the perfect solution for flags sliding off in higher winds.



But if anyone knows where I can find the stoppers for the large flags, please let me know, hard to use garbage ties now that I know there's an attractive solution to this problem.



Thank you! Garden Flag Stoppers - Set of 4 Rubber Stops

These are nice stoppers, but in order to use them for a larger pole, since the hole is rather small, you need to have plenty of muscle. My son-in-law had to put these on my larger flag holder. They do what they are supposed to do and I am happy with them.

These flag stoppers are made for the poles that hold small size garden flags. I had lost most of my stoppers and some of my flags blew away to Timbuktu. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has used household items to try to hold flags (twist ties, paper clips, black tape, rubber washers)- I used clothes pins which was not the prettiest looking! These stoppers are about the size of a dime, easily fit onto the pole, are made of soft rubber, have a pretty flower shape and stay snug. They are easy to move up or down the pole to adjust for different flag sizes. Good price for a handy little item that will keep your flags from blowing away!

This is a great product and a must for garden flag users. Actually I'm thinking about putting one on each end of the flag so it won't ride all the way to the back of the pole. My flags get a lot of wind and they'll fray if they keep hitting the pole. These stoppers keep them in place. I tried to make my own using rubber washers, but they were too flimsy. These are the perfect solution and I highly recommend them!

I had no idea anything like this existed, but I found them while looking to buy yet another garden flag to add to my collection. When I got tired of losing my flags to the wind, I started using paper clips and even black tape to keep them on. Neither worked very well. Decided to try these and ... perfect!! They are nice and snug, and I'm pretty sure a tornado wouldn't even take it off now! And the little flower shapes look really cute too. I ordered these on a Friday and they came in the mail on Monday, before the rest of my Amazon order had even shipped. Thanks for a great, inexpensive solution and great service too!

I was so sick of loosing my flags because they would not stay on that I was very happy upon finding these rubber stoppers. I knew what i needed but could not find anything to help me out. These stoppers are great and they work really well. i will buy more! thanks

Easy to use and works like a charm. I've already recommended these to family and friends. Those cheap little plastic stoppers that come with the garden flag hangers always break or come off. Many times I've found a flag off the hanger and in a bush somewhere after a strong storm. That has not happened since I started using these. Great product!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Veterans Veterans Veterans