Monday 28 March 2011

Milk Substitutes


I am currently deployed to Iraq and this is one of two soy milks that I see and drink on a regular basis, the other being Edensoy. This stuff has a decent flavor, but is a bit chunky when poured into the cereal bowl. I attribute this in part to it being Iraq. Who knows how long the stuff has been sitting on a pallet in the sun. It still tastes good and is great. I only gave it 4 stars because of the soy chunk issue.



This chocolate soy milk is just delicious! I first tasted this milk while deployed in Iraq, and it was one of the things I missed when I came home. Lo and behold, ol' faithful Amazon had the stuff - and at a great price! (I have the subscription!) My husband, a dedicated milk drinker, loves this stuff too!

Pacific Natural Foods Enriched Soy Milk Non-Dairy Beverage, Chocolate, 8-Ounce Aseptic Packages (Pack of 24)



This chocolate soy milk has a creamy, velvety texture. Shake well and pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a delicious and nutritious frozen treat.



I use this as the liquid base for my fruit smoothies and as the perfect complement to a snack of natural peanut butter on whole grain bread or crackers.



Side note: As of this writing, the nutritional information on this page omits the Vitamin D content. As per the package, in addition to 40% Daily Value of Calcium, 8 ounces of this soy milk also contains 30% Daily Value of Vitamin D.



Nutritious and deliciously satisfying in a convenient single-serving size, shelf-stable package. Highly recommend!

My daughter switched to soy milk about 2 years ago for no other reason than she prefers the taste. For drinking at home we buy the brand she prefers, but they don't carry individual sizes so we had been looking for something she'd like. I bought these on sale to try out and she really liked them. We keep a weeks worth in the fridge and she grabs one to take to school for lunch. She says that the taste is very good with just the right amount of chocolate sweetness.



I appreciate that Amazon offers this product on Subscribe and Save. It keeps us from running out, keeps me from running to the store and also saves my family money!

As good as any soy milk should taste. Creamy and not too sweet. Less sweet tasting than Silk. I'm lactose intolerant so it's a good alternative. Be sure to shake well as the package indicates. The first time I tried this, I didn't shake it and it had chunks at the bottom. But nothing a shake doesn't fix. I use it for my daily cereal, smoothies and coffees. Love it!

This was a good value for the taste. It doesn't stand out, per se, but it is pretty good for some plain ordinary soy milk at a very reasonable price. No surprises, no bad flavor. Great alternative to regular milk.

I usually drink Silk soymilk and really like the taste, but it's hard to find plain soymilk in single-serving aseptic cartons. I like to put it in my hurricane box every summer so I'll have milk to put on cereal if we're out of power after a storm. I thought this Pacific soymilk would be just the thing, but unfortunately the stuff tastes like latex paint and it has no emulsifier in it, so it separates into liquid and clumps of solids at the bottom. Even after vigorous shaking, I couldn't get them to blend back together, and even if I could, I still couldn't get past the taste.

This was awesome! I drank Pacific Soy while in Iraq, when I came home i tried other soy milks but none of them tasted this good. The chocolate is always a good choice, but the regular is easy to love also, never had the vanilla.

We drink soy milk primarily in the summer as my family's stomachs don't handle dairy AND the Texas heat well. We've tried many brands before but I ordered this brand while on sale. This isn't a favorite and I probably wouldn't order it again. It's not very tasty and would probably do better with add-ins... not so good just straight. Yes we have found "chunks and lumps" as my son says. He won't drink this unless it's blended...defeats the purpose of having these small portable packages!



It's just OK, isn't one of my favorite soy milk drinks and not one I'd serve to company.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information