Monday 28 March 2011

Garage Door Opener - remote, gate


As president of my Home Owners Association, the company that installed our gate handed me 130 of these to pass out among the residents. After half of them were out, the gate company told me that they'd not been programmed properly. Fortunately, they are a snap to program. Open it up. Flip the 10 toggle switches to the proper code. Close. Use. Runs on a 9V battery. Linear 3089 300 MHz One-Button Visor Remote(See Tech. Details Below)

I've had some issues looking for a replacement Multicode opener at the local hardware stores in the area. I tried 2 different universal remote door openers with no luck. Came across this on Amazon and thought, what the heck. It's the same brand and model, and somewhat same shape/style. I set the dipswitches to match my garage door and the thing worked on the first try. Good deal!

If you don't know your garage door opener's frequency or if it isn't a programmable opener, then this remote is not for you.



This remote does not scan frequencies, but has 10 little sliders on the inside to program it to your desired code. If you don't know your opener's code, then this remote is worthless.



I'm sure it works great for what it is made for.



Oh, and mine also did not come with a visor clip or battery (even though the description said so)

I bought two of these one button remotes and both do not work. The code was easy to set but I tried every way to make them work and I even tried on two different gates and still they do not work at all.

Buyer beware: This remote will not work with Genie garage door openers which use intellicode remotes. Make sure your opener has the programmable slider switch required for universal remotes before you purchase. - Remote - Garage Door Remote - Gate - Garage Door Openers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Garage Door Opener - remote, gate garage door openers Garage Door Opener - remote, gate