Tuesday 15 March 2011

L T Beasimer - apple, ipad 2


First of all, I want to expand on purpledoxie's point of the case being unstable in the vertical position. While the case is rock solid in landscape mode, in portrait (ipad standing vertically) it is not nearly as solid. If I press lightly I don't seem to have any problems, but if I forget and press 'normally' then it can knock the ipad out of the groove in the case and it will fall. Also, this is only a problem for the top 1/3 of the screen area, the rest of the screen is so close to the fulcrum it doesn't matter how hard you press on it. This isn't a huge problem for me, especially since there are so few apps that I prefer to use in portrait mode (Skype being one of them), but it is annoying for sure. I think deeper grooves in the case would solve this problem, perhaps they will wear in and this will go away? I have found that I can rest the thumb of my other hand against the base of the device while in portrait mode and that will keep it from jumping out of the slot, and that is good enough for me as much as I use that feature.



What makes this case a winner in my book is the stability in landscape mode. When I first got the case I was undecided, but after just a couple of days it won me over in a big way. Unlike the smart cover and apples original trifold cases, you can actually press on the screen and type normally and this case will not fall over. I have used it on my lap in the car, on my center console in the truck, on my chest while laying in bed watching movies on it, and (of course) on desks/tables/etc. and it works great in every situation! The rest of the case is nice too. It is 7/8" thick with the Ipad2 inside and looks really nice. I have already received several compliments on it. I use my Ipad2 for work and something that looked professional was important. Apple's pastel covers don't look very nice to me and I wasn't about to pay $70 for the leather ones that aren't ugly. This case also protects almost the entire device, whereas Apple's cover protects only the screen. I am very happy with this case, and would recommend it to anyone that doesn't use lots of apps in portrait mode. Targus Versavu 360 Degrees Rotating Stand Case for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB THZ045US NEWEST MODEL (Black/Blue Interior)

Recently received this case and it is beautifully crafted, slim and light.

The interior is a beautiful matte blue/gray and the exterior is lined with a bright sky blue thread, which might prove to be a little too feminine for male buyers.

The 360 action swivels with ease without being overtly loose or hard to turn.

The case's only downfall is that it uses a thick, tight elastic band to keep it shut. This is where a magnet would have worked wonderfully.

Overall a great case, I'd like to see it's swivel design implemented in other color options, mainly black, charcoal, etc.

I love the look and feel of the case. It is nice and slim, yet seems to protect the iPad well. My concern is with the ability to use the iPad while it is standing. If you are simply reading or watching a video, the stand works fine. The problems begin if you are actually being interactive with the iPad while it is in standing position, because more than a feather of a touch and it falls over. You can not use it in the standing position if you need to interact with the screen.

So sad... it looks like I'll be returning this one.

was worried that getting the ipad early would mean struggling to find a good case (i refused to drink the kool-aid on the apple covers). but i found this case in best buy and really really like it. its sturdy, professional appearing, and tailored for the new ipad. the only cons are the elastic band for closure (they tailored it for the new ipad, i am not sure why they didn't use magnets with the auto on/off feature as with covers, unless apple kept that technology under wraps leading up to the launch), slight bulkiness, and standing it up portrait there is a little instability. Overall though, I am very happy with this case.

Pros:

-Ability to stand and rotate the iPad in either portrait or landscape view is a nice feature, and if I'm not mistaken, exclusive to this case

-The exposed Apple logo and stitching make for a great looking case with distinctive looks

-Nice leather exterior

-Microfiber/faux suede interior should keep the iPad clean



Con(s):

-I don't care much for the elastic band used to keep the case shut-- It seems inelegant and will probably be awkward in use (I may change my opinion on this one once I actually buy my iPad)



The microfiber/faux suede, ample leather, and distinctive styling, when combined with the ability to carry and position the iPad in a multitude of directions makes for a fantastic fusion of form and function.



Will my opinion change once I actually put the case into use?

Perhaps, but for now, I'm impressed. - Apple - Ipad 2 - Stand - Targus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


L T Beasimer - apple, ipad 2 ipad 2 L T Beasimer - apple, ipad 2