Tuesday 22 February 2011

Replacement Plan - computer, cameras


I have used SquareTrade for a few years and have had 2 items quite working. One was an HP LaserJet 1020 and the other, a Samsung DVD/VCR Recorder Combo unit. They refunded my full purchase price with no questions asked. Great company that stands behind their promise. SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Warranty ($175-200 Items)

Wow. All I can say is wow. I bought a Playstation 3 on ebay 3 months ago. I was worried that it would break so I purchased a warranty from SquareTrade. After I reported it broken they sent me some possible fixes. When those didn't work they had me send it in(they paid for shipping). They sent it to their repair team. After a week of them recieving it. I had the money in my paypal account. I even got reimbursed for the 2 games I got with the playstation and I didn't send those to them. They gave me a full refund of the purchase price. I couldn't be happier. Thanks SquareTrade.

It was a great purchase at a great price. I have had to return 2 items, an ipod & a Navigon GPS. My problem may have been unique with the Navigon warranty which they didn't have a record of but they took the time to research it & eventually I did get my refund. Easy return system & helpful staff.

I'm not sure what I can say about a warranty before I have to use it, and since the product that the warranty is associated with is brand-new, I cannot comment on the quality of the Square Trade warranty.



However, after I got the warranty, I found out that Square Trade offers blanket warranty service for any electronic thing that you purchase. In other words, if you are a person who prefers to get warrantees for the things that you purchase, there is no need to purchase in-store warranties for your electronics. They claim that you can save a lot of money by going with Square Trade for your warranties, though I cannot comment on that. You can put the warrantees for all your electronics online with Square Trade, and keep track of them on your account page.

I bought a refurbished XBOX360 off ebay and thought it would be a good idea to get it insured. As luck would have it, within a year of usage the Ring of Death showed up.



However, the claim was hassle-free and the service, both over email and over the phone was very prompt and helpful.



Will always get this warranty for used and refurbished items off ebay in the future.

I purchased this warranty for an IPOD and 13 months later the IPOD crashed. I submitted my claim, had almost immediate response, and within 1 week the full purchase price of my IPOD was paid via deposit to Paypal. Can't beat the price for an extended warranty and service was great!

I purchased an under counter TV/DVD player for a gift for my wife @ Christmas along with an extended warranty from SquareTrade. 130 days later (manufacturer's warranty was 90 days), the DVD tray stopped working and I called SquareTrade. They sent me a prepaid UPS label to return the unit for inspection. 5 calendar days later I got an email saying that SquareTrade was crediting my account with the full purchase price of $250. Outstanding! I purchased a replacement TV and bought another extended warranty from SquareTrade!

I don't always purchase extended warranties-it depends on the manufacturer's warranty period. When an electronics warranty is for 90 days parts and labour, then it seems worthwhile to buy additional coverage.



The Square Trade offering seems like a good value for the money. From what I gather they're quite highly regarded. I haven't had any reason to use it to date but it does offer a certain level of security should something go wrong.



Registration with Square Trade was a snap. I faxed them a copy of my Amazon receipt and within minutes received comfirmation that they had received it. If you send them a copy of your receipt they keep the information on file which can speedup the claim process should your product need service. - Cameras - Extended Warranty - Computer - Printers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


cameras Replacement Plan - computer, cameras