Tuesday 22 February 2011

Coleman Portable Grill - barbecue, camping


We purchased this Road Trip after having a horrible experience with a grill from Cabelas. That grill had the lava rocks that moved every time you moved the grill and besides that the legs fell off. We were looking for something that would have fold under legs and no rocks. The Road Trip saved our camping days. We purchased a bag for it, keep it stored in the belly of the camper and with putting water in the tray below the burners, it is very very easy to clean up. You can place this on the picnic table to cook on or use the fold down legs. We have also discovered that this is the best way to cook grilled onions and potatoes or pork chops or chicken, etc on the griddle. Very very convenient and easy clean up. We both rate this a 5 stars. Great job, Coleman. Signed happy camper, Janet Becker Coleman 9941-768 Road Trip Grill (Blue)

This truly is the perfect grill for the RV. Before buying, I researched everything from the Weber Q (good, not perfect), to the Themos Grill2Go (not really a grill).



Before it came, I was thinking that my high expectations from all these glowing reviews would cause me to not like it as much, but it's even better than some of these reviews! It's very portable, and folds up to a small size. And cooking on it is very easy, as well as just as important, clean up. If you get one, I recommend you also order a second grill grate to replace the griddle sometimes. (It comes with 1 of each). Griddle is great for eggs, grilling onions, etc., but it's nice to have the maximum space to grill hamburgers and hotdogs for the parties.



Finally, this blue model is the best of the three Coleman Road Trip Grills, too. Even though there are some with additional letters, this one has heavier duty grates than the other two, and a better stand system (in my opinion).

This grill replaced our old gas grill at home. In four years I've went through 4 grills to rust that occurs naturally here, just by a metal object being outside. I wanted a solution to finally eliminate that problem. This fits the bill with the fold up capability, and the storage bag to keep it fresh. You're still cooking over an open flame with the grill plate.It comes with a griddle and a grill, each covering half of the cooking area, and I've obtained a 20-lb tank attachment, and an extra grill, for the big jobs. Try this feature out: the grill, griddle, and drip trays are washable in the dishwasher.... I can't say that about my old grills.

Used it first on a camping trip. Then, after we got back, cooked breakfast outdoors on a cold Wisconsin morning. This baby did what it's supposed to, and I couldn't be happier. I got an extra griddle surface and two stove grates, so keep that in mind. I don't think the grill is complete as sold, you do need the extra surfaces. At least, I did.Best performance was a full breakfast on a cold Wisconsin morning, near freezing, wind blowing. I cooked bacon, hashbrowns, and scrambled a dozen eggs in a large skillet. Then I kept the pancakes coming while we started eating. Griddles were being exchanged for stove grates, and back again. Under tough, heat-stealing conditions everything cooked fast. I did up about 20 strips of bacon, 9 hash brown patties, and the dozen eggs with ease. Then the pancakes came off quickly and smoothly as an added breakfast bonus.You try scrambling a dozen eggs at once, temperature near freezing, wind blowing, huge skillet, on any other camp stove. If you can, let me know.

I cannot say enough about this product. It is absolutely great for tailgating or any other activity where you want a grill on the go. During this past football season, we on average cooked 50-75 bratwursts and hotdogs. The grill holds about 30 at one time, so in no time you can make sure to get everyone fed. The grill is reliable, easy to set-up and breakdown, and heats up immediately. The electric start is also a huge bonus, especially in windy situations.Couple of notes: The grill comes standard with a grill and a griddle, but if you are into serious grilling then I recommend you can purchase a separate grill to replace the griddle for more grilling area. Second, Coleman sells a carrying/rolling case which is a must have for tailgating/camping. The case lets you pack everything into a small compact set and keeps your car clean when transporting. Finally, if you are seriously into grilling on the go purchase a one-gallon gas tank, the grill is highly efficient and you will get a significant amount of use out of the smaller tank.

I bought the Coleman RoadTrip Grill last summer to replace my 20-year old portable CharBroil gas grill. I spent quite a bit of time researching both the Coleman grill and the CharBroil/Thermos Grill2Go. I chose the Coleman because of it's versatility. I purchased the optional carrying case, stove grate, and additional grill section to go along with the grill section and griddle section that came with the unit. It's easy to light and stays lit on windy days. Cleanup is a breeze since almost every surface is porcelain enamel or non-stick coated. I use it almost exclusively for tailgating and get lots of questions about it at the stadium. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

I had seen the road trip grill once at a campground and knew I wanted one. I like it because it has burners like your home stove instead of one large traditional BBQ grill. Plus, the little stand works is great, I don't need an extra table anymore.



We picked this one up used, but it was like new. This grill has been the best grill I've had. We used to use those portable little grills that would only cook about 6 burgers. The burner would burn out after one camping season.



It works great. Putting water in the tray can be a bit of a pain, but cleaning it is a snap that way. I purchased a stove grate so I can use frying pans or boil water. I've replaced both my BBQ grill and cook stove in my motorhome with this one grill. Really! I also recently purchased another griddle so I can cook a whole pancake and bacon breakfast for 5 people at once. (bacon one side and pancakes on the other)



I'm really impressed with this grill. Its portable, cooks well and saves my space. (I don't carry a stove or extra table anymore) If your looking for a new grill, this is the one. You can use it at home too! - Coleman Grill - Camping - Barbecue - Grill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Coleman Portable Grill - barbecue, camping barbecue Coleman Portable Grill - barbecue, camping