Sunday 27 February 2011

Mini Stereo Cable - audio, audio cables


Don't try to save a buck by getting a cheaper cable. Some cables are very thin, like the one I got with my SanDisk MP3. The Belkin cable is the real thing.



I use this cable to connect the male stereo single plug-ins of my MP3 (SanDisk Sansa Clip) to my boom box. I'm very happy with the way it works.



Anywhere it calls for either a 1/8" stereo or a 3.5mm stereo cable, this Belkin cable is going to work. It is well worth the price, and you can't get it for less anywhere else as far as I can tell.



This is a rare product that I endorse by saying, if it's the correct cable for your connection, don't think anymore but just get it. Really. Belkin 6ft Mini Stereo Dubbing Mini Plug/ Mini Plug

I use my mini-plug/mini-plug cable to connect my mp3 player to my portable speaker. The 6-foot length provides plenty of leeway to maneuver the devices, as I carry them from room to room. When I took the new cable out of the package, the first things that impressed me were the thick cord and the thick plugs. One would think that logically, when all things are equal, the more material is used to construct an item, the longer it would last. Only time will tell, but for now, the cable works just as well as any that I ever owned, at a very reasonable price. It is a good buy.

I am no expert, but I don't think that this is a Belkin brand aux. cord. It came in a sealed plastic bag with a white sticker and it is not marked with a Belkin label. Also, it seems to be below-average quality. I would look elsewhere.

1. I have a iPhone3Gs with a case, the cable won't get on without removing the case!

2. I did manage to use the product for about 10 days (hence the extra star), as I was compelled to do so. I was on a 4000 mile road trip. Shielding is not that good, but good for the price I guess. But somehow the sound quality deteriorated after around 8 days of use. When I moved the cable a little bit, it would go back to normal.

I later returned the product as I had already bought a aux cable from radioshack, which I have to say, works flawlessly, I don't even need to remove the case. Its not too over priced, I think I bought it for $7. I definitely would recommend this over the Belkin. That said, I am a big fan of Belkin products, if it were not for the first issue I would have definitely reordered a replacement!

I picked up this mini-to-mini wire because I had been sick of previous purchases (not online) that always seemed to break down after a few months of use. Either the wires would become loose internally and you get that dreaded "shake it a little and the music stops", or the plug itself would not fit right (too deep or too shallow).



Seriously, these are problems I've had. Perhaps it's because I use it while Snowboarding and subject these wires to some serious inclement conditions.



This Belkin one is a little more expensive than your standard wire, but it's served me well for the last ten shredding sessions. I'll update the review again at the end of the season, but it appears that this is a case where you pay for what you get. And I need a wire that will stand up to near-zero Fahrenheit temperatures while being twisted around.



UPDATE: After a whole season of snowboarding, this wire has survived the test and I'm very happy with it. No loose connections, and somehow even in the cold it still hasn't torn. Since this connects to my helmet, many people see a wire hanging around my hood (from left shoulder to right). And yet with the many falls and scrapes, it's still as good as the first day. This is an excellent purchase.

Really isn't much to say about the thing. It feels pretty durable and sounds good. The only thing you might want to look out for is the casing around the end of the plug. I got this for an ipod/car hookup and the cable won't connect completely because of the case on my ipod. Simple enough to fix by taking off the case, but some people might find it annoying. If that isn't problematic for your setup then this product works fine.

This cable rocks. It fits in nice and tight in both my Blackberry Curve and my Toyota Corrola's AUX input. Sound quality is fantastic. It's very clean sounding with no static or noise. I would recommend it to anyone.

I bought this to connect my laptop to the compact stereo component system (JVC FS-H300) on my kitchen counter, so that I can play internet radio through the component system's speakers. This cable is perfect for the job. The JVC has an "aux" input that takes one mini-plug, and the other mini-plug connects to the output (headphone) jack on my laptop. Some reviews said you should get the shortest cable that works for your application, because there's degradation with longer ones ... but I don't detect any issue with the 6-foot cable, and it sure is nice to have some flexibility in where to set up the laptop source, since the counters get crowded sometimes. - Audio - Male To Male - Audio Cables - Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information