Sunday 27 February 2011

Exercise - earhook, running headphones


I bought these because I like the over the ear hook design and the price is very reasonable. They sound good but can get a little uncomfortable. The speaker part that you put in your ear doesn't have any padding and the hard plastic gets a little irritating. They do stay put if you take a moment to put them on as indicated on the packaging; speaker in ear first and then wrap the hook around. If you try to put it on any other way it falls off if you move around. Philips Flexible Earhook Headphones SHS3200/28 (Black) (Replaces SHS3200/37)

I owned a pair of these for about 4 yrs and used them on a daily basis; really put them through the ringer and finally they started to break. I am now buying my second pair. They fit well, and because I had the black colored ones they were invisible with my brown hair - which is helpful when trying to ignore people who are talking to you and you don't really care about what they are saying. The sound quality was good. Even when I was working out and sweating they felt like they were not even there.

I bought these headphones out of desperation while in Denmark when my previous Sonys failed. (I will preface this by saying I paid a lot more than the $6.99 listed here, so my expectations were somewhat higher.)



They were secure around my ears, but the actual speakers fit poorly into my ears, so there wasn't much seal. When using them on a noisy rowing machine, I had to crank the volume up to about 80% on my iPod to keep the song audible. That said, for city bicycling, where it was definitely not good to be blocking out all other sounds, they were quite practical.



The cord was an ongoing nuisance. Every pair of headphones I've had has had some tangling, of course, but this has a very thing cord that seems to kink quite easily. Even after untangling, it gives the feeling that it almost wants to spring back to its tangled mess.



Ultimately, though, the main reason for the 1-star is that after about seven weeks, the things failed. The plug no longer fits in securely, so I need to massage it to be just right in the 3.5mm socket to keep my music from sounding like a distant echo. Spend a bit more on Amazon and get something better.

I HATE these things. I am sitting here listening to them at work and every time i move my feet, or roll my chair, i get static shock in my ears and it HURTS!!! The stupid metal screens on the earbuds shock me every time i scuff my feet on the ground, or slide in my chair, etc. That is rediculous. I have had these for almost 2 months, and it has done this every time i've worn them (which is almost daily). Despite the fact that I hate them so bad, I try to sit still with them in and they are ok, but nothing special thats for sure. I really need to just get new ones, these are a joke.

On the upside, these headphones are cheap, fit the ears well and stay put, and don't have any foam or fabric to get gross if you use them for working out. The sound is OK, not setting the world on fire but acceptable for the price.



The main problem is the cord. It is constantly getting kinked and tangled. I think it may have to do with the type of wire used. I have probably 6 pairs of headphones and this is the only pair that does this so I am sure it is not a usage problem.



Because of this cord issue, I would recommend against purchasing these headphones.

I've been using these headphones while working out and running for the past 3 years. They wear out after about 6-9 months depending on how much use they get and how much sweat and abuse they have to endure. They only come in one size and that one size happens to fit my ears perfectly. They are clearly marked L and R and they clip on easily and securely. Apparently the one size didn't work out well for my wife who couldn't get one of them to stay on her ear. Her ears have a different shape than mine and for whatever reason the plastic earhook wasn't flexible enough to work for her.



I have no complaints about the sound quality, but if you're in a gym or running on a street you shouldn't be worried about achieving optimum sound quality - save that for the Bose comfort headphones. My only complaint is that after a little while the cord tends to get all twisted/tangled and annoying to deal with. I always tuck it under my shirt and through my sleeve to my armband IPod case, but the part of the cord that sticks out from neck can be annoying.



Overall if you're looking for something functional and secure for running and working out you can't do better than these headphones for less than $10.

I have trouble keeping traditional ear buds comfortably in my ears and noise-isolating ear buds make me feel like an ear infection is coming on due to sealing the ear canal. I had some good luck with a pair of my wife's Sony ear hook ear buds and thought I would give Philips a chance. As expected the audio quality from these ear buds is quite good, as is typical of Philips products, much better than the equivalently priced Sony model. The fitment, however, is imperfect. The buds are arranged the way traditional ear buds are, to the ear hook holds them loosely outside the ear rather than any significant portion of the speaker bud fitting in the ear. This causes them to feel loose and require some fiddling. This looseness can also be a problem if you wear glasses. Despite the problems, however, they are still a worthy product (for me, at least) as they're a good compromise point: better sound at the cost of only some discomfort.

I actually got this for my friend for the gym, who has got big ears, and it fits him perfectly. It does not fall off and stays in place. But i tried it on, and it kept falling off. I've got tiny ears. The sound is very good for its price range. Its a good buy if you are on a budget and got big ears.

I can't think of a negative thing to say about these bad boys. For [...] bucks ([...] bucks elsewhere i guess) you really do get some amazing sound quality. I tried the skull candy ones and the audio quality does not compare to these ones. The philips design is, to me, flawless and the quality is, again, consistently exceptional. I'm no audiophile but I think anyone can appreciate good bass and balanced tone. These fellas definitely deliver. - Running Headphones - Sport Headphones - Earphones - Earhook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise - earhook, running headphones running headphones Exercise - earhook, running headphones