Tuesday 15 February 2011

Fitness - fitness, aerobic


OK, so it's a trip down memory lane to begin with... this is the step that we first saw in use starting in the late '80s at the health and sports club that we taught aerobics at all over Southern California. Same step, same high quality. You can find a little cheaper step around, but this is the one that we all knew back when. This is the step that took all the abuse professional classes at high-end clubs could dish out and still look like new. Highly recommended, we love having this step: right height, right size, adjustable, strong as an ox and looks good too. The memory thing, that's just a bonus for us aerobic instructors out there. The Step Original Health Club Step with DVD (Teal)

I bought two of these in the last two months. They may LOOK just like the original, but trust me, the new manufacturer really cuts corners. Both of our steps were very cheaply put together regarding the glue adhering the black mat to the step. In both cases, the mat came off the step while I was in med-step. The result was I tripped on it landing on my face with the first one. I sent that one back, ordered another one. The mat come unglued on the second one, too. And on the first day of use. Rather than go through that for a third time, I just bought a new step by Gold's Gym. It doesn't have a mat at all, which surprising, is comfortable and trip-proof. The original Rebok Step we had for over 10 years. After all that time, we never had trouble with the glue or the mat. Wish we never gave it away. The F1005 is very unsafe in our opinion.

I ordered The Step on Saturday night and received it today, Tuesday before noon. This was on the free shipping that Amazon offers on orders over twentyfive dollars. Fabulous! It is the same one used at Gold's Gym and since I can no longer splurge on a membership, this is a good health and gee I wish I could get my jeans over my butt again investment! I have done step before to lose weight and get healthy and it works. I received the promised DVD and did the first workout. I did find this boring because it was so repetitive until the last 10 minutes or less but I am thinking the more difficult routine will be more interesting. I also placed an order for a different workout DVD from another instructor, Christi Taylor, I read on here is really good and uses more variety. I like dance moves and high impact so I am looking forward to that one. From what I can tell, this is the same exact step that is selling on here for twenty dollars more under a different model number and minus the DVD. I think this is a great value package and the step can double as a weight bench. I am very happy and glad to be kicking off my weight loss goals on a nice sturdy and fun to use product.

The stepper arrived in a box that looked like it had been repeatedly rolled down a rocky hill. The dvd case was sticking out of a loose flap on the box and the DVD disc was nowhere to be found. I had read some other reviews similar to this before buying and took my chances. I wonder if this product is priced lower than identical higher priced steppers because nobody would pay the regular price for one with such rough packaging and missing dvd. No complaints yet on the stepper, but I do miss the DVD.

OK, first of all, let me say that this is a GREAT product. I HATE to give it low marks for the price, but I think it's fair to let other shoppers know what I've experienced while trying to purchase this item from an Amazon merchant.



One day I put this in my shopping cart to purchase the following day along with some other things that I needed to verify with the hubs. In that time span, the price went up from 77.00 to 109.00. Find it at WalMart .com for $25-$30 less. Heck, just google it. Shipping cost or not, this is a stupid price.



Whoever is responsible for that increase is an idiot. It's far too easy these days to get a better deal. I can buy the same item straight from the manufacturer for 99.00. Rippity-off.



Just makes me believe that the merchants are notified when someone intends to buy their product, but has not yet checked out, so they immediately change the price assuming that this is a definite -if not urgent- purchase. This was a gift and not an urgent one. Shopping for it elsewhere. Anywhere else, evidently.



This has unfortunately happened more often than not. I'm unaware of whether or not this is the merchants' actual pricing strategy, and I don't know anything about computer programs that assist in such practices, but it smells nonetheless. And to add a contradictory note, I believe in capitalism. Until it affects me negatively, LOL.



Just my $0.02. ;)

This step is great!! Very stable. My only complaint is that it was supposed to come with a DVD and it didn't have it in the box. It even showed it on the outside of the box but it wasn't included inside.

It's exactly what I wanted. It came in GREAT condition, and very fast. The DVD workout is great for people who are out of shape. It kicks your butt, but not TOO much. If you love step, but can't afford a gym membership this is a awesome choice!!!

step is VERY long which is a good thing but the quality is not great. the rubber matting on top appears as if it hasnt been glued down right and is bumpy not flat. very dissapointing considering the price! - Fitness - Aerobic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fitness - fitness, aerobic fitness Fitness - fitness, aerobic