Tuesday 15 February 2011

10000 Steps - step counter, omron


I purchased this model over a year ago and the first one stopped functioning after two or three months. I received a replacement from Omron (they wanted to collect a "shipping and handling" charge that was almost the the same as the price of a new one, but I refused to pay it). The replacement worked for a few months, and then it stopped working too. The screen worked, the low battery indicator was not activated, but it just stopped counting steps.



I like the concept of a pedometer and this model is simple and easy to use, with a clear display and easy scrolling of step counts for the past seven days, but if you want a product that will last, I suggest you avoid this model and perhaps avoid Omron entirely, as I expect most of their models use the same basic design. HIP Pedometer

I purchased the Omron Hip Pedometer as part of my New Year's resolution to move more. The "Accurate SmartSensor Technology" says it's 'more advanced than pendulum pedometers'. I'm not sure what that means, but it says in its documentation that the pedometer measures the following: steps, moderate steps and minutes, distance, and calories burned. A clock and a 7 day memory that resets at midnight are also part of the package.



When I took it out of the box I noticed the weight - very light. The display is large, so squinting to read it isn't needed. The display isn't lighted though, which would have been a nice addition.



Set-up was relatively quick and easy. The battery is already installed, so it's simply a matter of following the enclosed directions to set it. Proper placement on your hip is essential for the device to work, but that too is in the directions.



One thing that I'm not sure is a good thing or not is that when I ride a recumbent bike at the gym and wear this pedometer, it counts the revolutions of the bike pedals as steps. Yes, I could take it off to ride the bike... but frankly, I love to see those numbers!



Overall I'm pleased with the purchase. I can't speak to its longevity as a device, but it seems durable and well made. It fits in the palm of my hand (I have small hands) and the clip attaches firmly to my pants whether I'm wearing yoga pants to workout or my jeans while I'm out on my daily errands.

This is the perfect inexpensive pedometer. It keeps track of steps for seven days and automatically resets steps to zero at midnight. It clips on the belt but will work in a pocket as well. Nothing fancy -- it just does what it does very well, day after day.

Affordable, sturdy,basic, easy-to-use and easy-to-read LARGE numbers for older eyes. Retains memory of steps for 7 days, automatically resets at midnight. Does not report calories or mileage equivalents but if you know that 1 mile is about 2,000 steps, do the math yourself.

This pedometer was given to my husband through a program at work. He wasn't using it, so I started wearing it and I was so impressed at how accurate this pedometer kept record of my steps. I love that it saves a week's worth of recorded steps and that each day I started out at 0 and didn't have to push a start or stop button. The fact that it has a clock on it is also great because when I check my step count on a walk, I can check the time all in one step. I have been using this for at least 9 months now and have never had a problem with it.

Purchased this to use now that our cold winter is finally over and I wanted it for walking in the nice weather. I've used it just for normal use around the house and I'm very impressed with how easy it is and how well it works. Looking forward to my nice weather walks using it. - Step Counter - 10000 Steps - Omron - Heart'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


10000 Steps - step counter, omron step counter 10000 Steps - step counter, omron