Thursday 13 January 2011

Screen Protector


There is nothing on the packaging that refers to it being a XtremeGUARD Screen Protector. Also, if you must purchase, purchase only one, as they will only send you one in a paper envelope with a DO NOT BEND on it. Requesting Refund. XtremeGUARD© Motorola XOOM Screen Protector (Ultra CLEAR)

Was really uncomfortable putting soapy water on my electronic device but did so reluctantly. Still could not get the skin to line up correctly with edges and the webcam. It ended up covering part of the webcam. It quickly became obvious I was spending more time and soapy water trying to get to not distort my view so I ended up throwing away.

Don't get it. I am highly dissatisfied with this product. Needing to use water on any electronics is weird and dangerous. I wasted $7 on a screen that I used for 1 minute. It looks horrible when you put it on. Dont get it.

I really wanted to love this screen protector. Its very hard to put on. Once I got it on, there were so many bubbles and bumps underneath that I ended up taking it off and throwing it away. I later learned that you try wetting it first before putting. I'm not too sure about that but they should definitely give you some pointers on how to put this thing on.

This cover is very good IF you can get it on without ruining it. I read the lengthy directions, but still got it backwards and had dirt/lint/fingerprints on it before I could get it right. I think that I could do it the next time, so I am ordering another and hoping that I can use this one. I ended up throwing the last one away. Maybe they should be packaged in twos.

I'm not exactly sure how the squeegee that came with this "protective" film was strong enough to scratch it, but it did during the install while wiping out the bubbles.



The directions: take out the battery (if possible), make sure your device is not plugged in, create a soap solution in a bowl, dip your fingers in it, wet the entire backside of the film so you can slide it into place, dip your fingers again, install, do not turn your device on for 5 hours, and in two to three days the screen should look better than it did when it was installed. =) I can't believe I actually installed it after reading the directions...



Needless to say, the screen looked horrible up until the time it was removed.



On a better note, I got the Steinheil Ultra Series today and the screen looks new, no finger print marks, no glare... I'm all for saving money, so I recommend saving the $7 on this screen so you are not paying it in addition to a better screen for $25.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screen Protector Screen Protector Screen Protector