Thursday 13 January 2011

Ac Adapter - letratag, dymo


I have been desperately trying to get organized, and when I found this gizmo from heaven at a heavenly price, naturally I jumped on it. After a few weeks of labeling frenzy, much like one of my other fellow reviewers, the tops of my labels started fading, then the middles, and soon the entire text of all my labels, poof! disapparated! Yes! I am a Harry Potter fan, but not for my labels in invisible ink. Tried all of the suggestions from the website. Cleaning, changing batteries, labels, cartridges. No luck. Still shooting blanks. Of course no way to put in new ink cartridges and it seems like the ink ran out. So waiting to hear back from customer service. Will post back, when and if I do. Really sad-that my labeling frenzy has been thwarted!! Dymo LetraTag Plus LT-100H Personal Label Maker

I was very excited about getting a labelmaker, and after some research, settled on the LetraTag. It seemed fairly priced and was just what I needed.



I made a couple of labels and was pleased - the dozens of symbols and various fonts that the LetraTag offers are fun. Unfortunately, after only a few uses, the labels came out faded. I switched the label cartridge, but the next label came out almost completely blank. I cleaned the inside with the little brush, changed the batteries, and tried a power adapter - all of the suggestions on the Dymo website. None of these worked. I e-mailed Dymo's customer support; they were relatively nice and sent me a new one. I had to send a couple more e-mails, however, to find out if they wanted the broken one back (they didn't).



I was excited to get my new labelmaker, but this time the first label came out faded. Then the second. And the third had barely a fleck of ink. Now I have two brand-new labelmakers that won't make labels.



Either I have a crazy electrical force field like Sean Patrick Flanery in Powder or this product stinks. I'm betting on the latter, and would not recommend this labelmaker to anyone.

I bought this label maker based on price comparisons and multiple types of labels available. Once you get used to the buttons/functions, it is pretty good device. The magnetic labels do not have a great "stickability". More importantly, I did have a problem when using the basic white label cartridge. During early use, it began to make bad labels. After reading troubleshooting section of manual, I replaced the label cartridge with a new one, and that fixed it. But I wonder why is that needed, and how often is that needed especially since they mention that in the manual? I did send customer service a message regarding this and am waiting on their response. I will follow up on this review based on what they say, if anything.

Each time I go to use this I find another little irritating thing about it. My main complaint is the size of the type. Oh, you can choose from several sizes, but that is only for width, not height of the letters. I.E. Extra Large prints the letters twice as wide as the Large size, but still only 3/16ths of an inch high, making them very difficult to read (and using twice as much tape, of course).



The Preview button only shows you the letters that will print, and the Size function shows the letters taller, not wider, and it is very misleading. It would be nice if you could see what the actual label would look like, and if it would print on more of the width of the tape, not just on a narrow 3/16th inch band.



I'd prefer a QWERTY type keyboard over the alphabetical one provided.



The labels are easy to apply and to remove without residue, and remain on the packages in the freezer (which is my main use for the product). I like the fact you can stick the entire device on the side of the refrigerator with the powerful magnet holder.

This is a terrific little tool and an inspiration to become more organized. Good for labeling kids' items too. I use the plastic label tape for things that get wet, such as a water bottle kept in the fridge. So far they have stayed on & I'm very pleased with it. My one slightly-negative comment is that the font size default cannot be changed - default size is large, but I'd prefer medium - it's plenty big and would save tape. So I have to change the size each time I print something. But still... easy to use, doesn't take up much storage space and I love it. If Dymo would produce colored tape (I've only found white and clear) that'd be even better!

This thing was terrible from day one.



1) The product design and usability is horrendous.



- The keypad is not QWERTY but (inexplicably) in alphabetical order, which makes typing very difficult (and SLOW).



- There is no shift/caps key. To change between caps and lower case you must enter capitals "mode", type, then switch back.



- There are no number keys - again, you must switch to numbers "mode"



- The process to change the printing size and styles is cumbersome.



- You are limited to saving 9 text snippets (pre-defined labels, etc.) and the method of saving/retrieving is just bizarre. It is incredibly easy to overwrite a saved snippet.



2. The device is of poor quality.



Despite cursing under my breath and wishing I'd never bought this model every time I pulled it out, I used it infrequently for about six months. (To give you an idea of my usage: I never used a complete label cartridge.)



On day I printed a label and pressed the lever on the side to cut it, and the lever just broke off. Thus, there is no way to cut labels (since the labels are slightly inset when printing is complete, using scissors is not an option) and the device is now useless.



I urge you not to buy this product. - Dymo - Letratag - Labeler - Ac Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information