Monday 31 January 2011

Powerpoint - powerpoint, presentation remotes


This presenter is great for on-the-go presentations. It is easy to carry around and I love that the usb stick fits into the back of the remote. I am a teacher and it is perfect for me to use when I am presenting to my class 2-3 times a week. I would highly recommend it!!! Swissgear Wireless Mobile Laser Presenter

I have received the presenter only today evening. So, it may be immature to do the judgement on durability part. But, the presenter is working as per its promise from long distance. The forward and backward button also works for browsing PDF, Word document. Any Image slide show is also working fine with the presenter. I am happy with it.

I conduct safety training using MS Powerpoint (who doesn't?!), and had been looking for a decent remote with laser pointer that wasn't too pricey. Since I train in a factory, there's a very real chance that it could get torn up, and I needed to be able to replace it relatively cheaply. I saw some negative reviews, mainly about battery life, but figured I'd take a chance because of the price. Wow! Plugged it in, brought up my slideshow, and off we went! Easy to skip back and forth, which I need since I'm a bit ADHD and I like to bounce around. I also like the screen blank feature, for when I stand front & center and rant. The laser pointer was where I was surprised, since I'd seen some back-and-forth, but for me it works great! Strong light, dot isnt' blurry at all, and decent range (only needed ~10 feet). As to the batteries, I have to say this: TURN IT OFF WHEN YOU'RE NOT USING IT. Seriously, it's a laser pointer, so I don't know what kind of battery life people expect. I've used it a lot, and still no problems, I just have to remember to turn it off before I store it so buttons don't get pressed and run the batteries down.



So, if you need a laser pointer and controller for MS-PPT with more-than-basic functions and low price, I can't recommend this enough!

This is a convenient pocket presentation tool. It plugs in to any laptop I have used (indcluding those machines locked down by IT) and works without having admin rights. The button cells work for a shorter time than with AA or even AAA cells, but they are available at $ Tree, so not so bad. It feels a bit odd in the hand without the USB dongle, but you get used to it.



Pros:

Not too expensive

Laser built in, so only one thing to hold

On/Off switch, saves batteries

Has a B key for blanking/black on the screen

No mouse control, easy for novice presenters to use

Don't need admin rights to use (most are this way, but the real fancy ones are not.)



Cons:

Limited range from receiver (13 meters or so)

Shorter battery life

Has an escape key to get you out of the PPT presentation. This is a minus for me, because I often have the presentation computer some ways away, and I am not always the one using the device to run the presentation. Seminars with multiple speakers.

No mouse control. Annoying for experienced presenters.

This device worked well out of the box. Mine is used fairly often and spare batteries need to be kept on hand. In some locations it works quite well, in others not at all (not a computer issue, just space and range), and in others, it works sometimes or with multiple clicks. The battery cap won't stay on anymore, and the transmitter (that nests in the clicker unit next to the battery compartment when not in use) won't stay in anymore. The laser pointer is tough on the button batteries. For occasional use with the above caveats, good for the price. I got what I paid for.

I have had two of these now. The first one I had purchased after seeing it sitting on a shelf at a local store. Love the thing as it just plain worked and worked well. Never had any problem with it not doing what I wanted or skipping ahead. It just works and the size is really good. It is comfortable to use and the batteries lasted me many of presentations. I do a lot of sales and marketing presentations, sometimes 2-3 times a week.



Others who had borrowed it loved it as well. They would always ask how much I paid and they were shocked.



The only reason I had to get a second one was due to my lone complaint. The battery cover came off one day, who knows where, and due to the type of batteries it would not longer work. This is a flaw with the product as the battery cover can come off a bit too easy. One my second one I put a small strip of clear tape over the top edge of the cover. You can not see it there so it does not look bad, but the issue is taken care of.



For the price and how well it has worked, it is a minor inconvenience.

The batteries for this are as expensive as buying a new presenter. They do not last very long and the presenter has a habit of getting turn on when left in a bag. Presenter does not always change the slides right, especially if you are using presenter mode in power point. - Powerpoint - Laser Pointer - Presentation - Presentation Remotes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information