Thursday 6 January 2011

Moisturizing - hair care, cleansing conditioner


I colour my hair, wear it long (mid back) and have struggled with split ends for years. Every time I managed to get it to grow another inch, I had to have that inch cut off because of the split ends.



Enter WEN, hero of the hour (and day, and year!)



I have been using this version of Wen for 3 months now, starting just after my hair was trimmed. It has been a pleasure to use and my hair is in gleaming, soft, healthy condition, but the thing that has prompted me to write this review is the fact that I can't find any split ends. None. All the ends that were cut by the hairdresser, 3 months ago, are as neat as the day I walked out of the salon. And believe me, I have just spent a good 10 minutes looking.



Now I just have to wait about 2 years for all the old split ends that split up the hair shaft (presumably due to my old shampoos) to grow out, and I will have the hair I used to have in my teen years again. And to think, it was my shampoo that was doing all that damage...



I am very, very impressed with this product, and intend to use it for a long time! WEN® Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner 16oz

I have heard so much about WEN that I had to buy it. I followed the directions perfectly '30-40 pumps, massage in for a minute, let stand 3-5 minutes, rinse thoroughly' and when I got out my hair had waxy build up. I was ticked I mean wasn't the whole point of this not to have waxy build up? To have volume? I tried twice more just to see if I had messed up, but no each time my hair came out with grease and wax. Finally I googled 'WEN instructions' and it came up with a video on YouTube.com Here's the proper way that should be on the bottle.



1. rinse hair thoroughly, like for a few minutes.

2. 5-10 pumps (more if you need) and put on the top part of your hair, massage in

3. 5-10 pumps under your hair massage in

4. 5-10 pumps on the left side

5. 5-10 pumps on the right side

6. any extra pumps on the bottom or top, just fill in

7. Slightly tilt your head in the water until it gets a little wet

8. massage in your scalp for a minute, this should be easier because of the water you added

9. comb through

10. clip it up and let stay for a solid 3-5 minutes

11. rise thoroughly making sure you don't feel anything in your hair

optional

12. before you get out use a pump or so to run though the ends of your hair like leave in conditioner



Do you see how detailed that is? That's what should be on the back of the bottle because I can tell you now I only wash my hair with WEN and it is not greasy, no waxy build up and my hair looks really healthy. I have fine blonde hair that I dye so it is slightly damaged, but I have a ton of it so it can be a pain to get the shampoo out from under the layers, I really really like the Cucumber Aloe and just bought a bigger bottle, my hair is mid back and I find I really only need 5-7 pumps per section so don't use the 40 plus pumps, saves the product and me money.

I first purchased a three pack of small bottles of Wen in different flavors: Almond Mint, Lavender, and Cucumber Aloe.

I have straight, fine hair and it had been looking a little dull and lifeless. I had stumbled across the infomercial and thought it was worth trying...I was thinking of trying a new shampoo anyway.

My initial reaction to the product was very positive. My hair looked shinier and healthier, and I had a lot less flyaways.

The negative was that the product seemed to weigh my hair down no matter how much I rinsed, and my hair got oily quickly, so I had to wash everyday instead of my normal every other day. The Cucumber Aloe seemed to have the least oily effect, and I liked it enough to invest the fifty bucks in a bigger bottle.

Now that I've been using it a total of about three months, I don't like it so much anymore. I feel like there's a build-up of oil on my scalp. The weather has turned warmer, so that might be adding to the oil as well. (Please note that I have never had an oily scalp or hair before.)

I think I'll put it away until winter returns.

I was skeptical, but wanted to try something for my colored (red) hair that fades so fast. I also have oily hair so I must wash it everyday. This product works! Not only has my hair kept its brightness much longer than before, but I can actually skip a day of "washing" if I want to. It is expensive but I have found that I can use about 2/3 of what they say (I have shoulder length thick but fine hair) and it still works great. The extra pump as a leave-in conditioner is also a great idea. I highly recommend it...if you can afford it.

After a year on Wen, I switched back to regular shampoo for a little bit just to check, and regretted the decision in less than a week. However, we still love the Wen. VERY impressive product.



My wife uses this one because she feels her hair feels less greasy than the others. To me, the Cucumber Aloe is a whole lot thinnner/watery than some of the others. I use the Tea Tree Oil. - Hair Care - Aloe - Conditioner - Cleansing Conditioner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information