Thursday 6 January 2011

Cindy C Bennett - drug addiction, indie author


Suranne has just moved to the U.S. from London, and she already knows one thing- stay away from Kane Richards. Of course, Suranne thinks he is just some guy who happens to be a womanizer. She was wrong. Kane Richards is a GOD. Even with people's warnings to stay away from him- Suranne also finds herself falling for him. But Kane NEVER falls for his victims. Or, at least he hasn't yet.



I really liked this book, but I just realized something. The plot is almost EXACTLY like Beautiful Disaster. Isn't that crazy!?! Either way, I would recommend this book to Young Adults mostly because of the message it has. This book really shows that anyone can change, and anyone can change another. (If you like this book, read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire) Kane Richards Must Die

i really am glad i took the time to read this story. it was a wonderful suprise! i loved the depth of these characters and rooted for them every step of the way. it was a pretty edgy young adut read and i would not have wished for anything different, and i wish there were more ya books out there like this one!

I wont go into the plot since others have. I have to say I could not get into the story I think the writing was done well I just did not like the hero or the heroine. I think one point into the book that Irritated me was when Kane got drunk I would think he would not do that considering through the whole book he wants his mother to stop drinking. That's just one of many things that irritated me if u want a good YA book get beautiful disaster it's great.

KANE RICHARDS MUST DIE was beautifully written which surprised me since it was so cheap. This author could probably get away with charging more for it on Amazon. But the fact that it was 99 cents just made this experience all the more enjoyable! (:



Suranne has lived in England for her entire life but goes to live with her aunt in South Carolina, United States. The book immediately opens with Suranne at her new school, where everyone warns her, or is infatuated by Kane Richards. What's the appeal? He is actually pretty amazing. He is a player, of course, but takes the whole bad-boy-with-a-soft-side thing to a whole new and deeply emotional level.



I love Suranne and Kane's relationship. Throughout the book, they kept getting disaster after trial after disaster thrown at them. And they always got through it and made up at the end. Even when thousands of miles threaten them, a solution pops up.



The ending solution was a little abrupt. I wanted to know what would happen with Kane's mother and little sister, but it was seriously romantic. I wanted to cry, because it was a very romance novel type of thing that makes hopeless romantics like myself sigh.



This book is a lot about learning and overcoming. It is definitely focused on love and Suranne and Kane's relationship, but I was impressed that that wasn't the only focus like it would have been in a lot of YA romance books out today.



Very Good! *thumbs up*

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, but it surprise me and I'm really glad I read it. Kane became a very likable character and also believable like the others in what they said, their struggles, and their triumphs. I liked the fact that the author provided his point of view to clear up things and it provided insight into what made him who he was and who he became. It was a bit different than the typical YA romance books, a bit more graphical and such, but it made the story all the more real. Though I don't think the title of the book matched with the story. If there's a continuation, I'd definitely pick that up too.

I'm so glad I started reading the amazon discussion boards, they have recommended such great books that I would never never ever had started reading on my own...especially with the title of this book. I would have definitely passed it up. I would have been missing a great book....even like the last reviewer stated, with all the "whilst" in it, Kane Richards Must Die is a great book. I really enjoyed the depth of the characters, especially Kane's explanation of his emotions and why he did things. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the ending. I wanted a more wrapped up HEA, but other than that, it was wonderful, still a must read.

I wasn't so sure if I should buy this book at first ,but after reading the reviews and sample, I just had to buy it. I really loved the drama and romance in the story, it was so sweet!I also liked how the narration switched from Kane and Suranne, it made things so much more interesting!

This is definately a must buy!<3

Kane Richards Must Die is a quick read about Suranne, a British girl who moved to the United States, and Kane Richards, who is basically a womanizing jerk. Suranne knows she must stay away from him because he will only use her and hurt her. The problem is, she can't stay away. She is so intrigued by him and wants to learn more about who he really is. It also doesn't help that Kane is the hottest guy in school!



My favorite kind of character is the one that has many levels. At first, all we know about Kane is he sleeps with a different girl every night, and then ignores her the next day. As the story goes on, we learn that his father died three years (told to us in a completely heartbreaking scene), and it is up to Kane to take care of his alcoholic mother and 12 year old sister. Barely holding it together, Kane releases his pain through sex. That all changes when he meets Suranne. She makes him want to be a better person and I loved that about their relationship. It was nice to be able to watch Kane heal.



Kane Richards Must Die is told in the viewpoints of both Suranne and Kane. I really love when books do that. I like to be able to know what everyone is thinking and I think it really brings a lot to the story.

The only complaint I have about this book is the title. I just didn't feel that it fit. Yes, Kane is a jerk, but not once in the story was it stated that he deserves to die, or even pay for using so many girls.



I would recommend this book to older teens and higher. There are a lot of curses and there are many sex scenes and discussions about sex that would not be appropriate for pre-teens.



Overall, a great read! I am glad that I read it, and I think more people should! - Drug Addiction - Child Abuse - Indie Author - Cindy C Bennett'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cindy C Bennett - drug addiction, indie author child abuse Cindy C Bennett - drug addiction, indie author