Thursday 6 January 2011

Cold Weather Socks


These socks are very comfortable but did not keep my feet very warm and dry as the the temperature got colder. My feet felt cold and clammy while I was wearing them. I got some army cold weather boot socks that perform far better than these. Carhartt Men's Extremes Cold Weather Boot Sock,Navy,Large

________________________________________________________



I buy these for my husband. He's a Railroad Freight Conductor and requires a good, and long-lasting (durable), sock.

________________________________________________________



WEATHER



They are excellent for Spring and Autumn weather only. With only 17% Wool, they keep the chill off one's feet, but will not keep that 'cold-to-the-bone' at bay. For that, you need to get the Carhartt 'Arctic' socks, (37% Wool), also sold here at Amazon.

________________________________________________________



LENGTH & DURABILITY



They are 'Boot Length', (which means 'just-over-the-calf'), Wear well, and Wash well. No pilling. And, being just-over-the-calf, they stay up... which is good news for boot wearers.

________________________________________________________



SIZING



The Sizing was a bit of a problem. My husband wears a 10 1/2 boot, so, you would think he'd take the large-size sock that supposedly fits a 10-12 shoe. Wrong. We found that the socks were too tight both in the feet and in the calf, and sent them back in exchange for the Extra-Large, (fitting shoe size 12-15), and those fit him perfectly. No tightness whatsoever... just a very nice fit that gives good support as well.

________________________________________________________



THE 'FEEL'



They have no Toe-seams, are totally Re-inforced, and are so Soft & Cushy in the Toe and Heel. He says he even feels support in his Arch... a good thing for a man who is setting out cars and walking those tracks at all hours of the day and night.

________________________________________________________



SUMMARY



My husband is very pleased with these socks, and so am I. It seemed to take forever to find the right kind of sock for him-- Weather-wise, Fit-wise, and Quality-wise; but after many trials and errors, we finally found his 'holy grail' of Spring/Autumn-weather work socks.



Go get 'em... you'll be glad you did.

My Hubby is a State Worker So I got These For Him for All of Them cold Days and at First I wasnt crazy about the price and either was he but after he wore them to work he came home telling me im the greatest and they feel like heaven on his feet. So you wanna be a good Wife Get Them

Carhartt socks have always been wonderful, but these seem to be the best yet. I've been buying these from Penney's for years, but haven't been able to get them any more?? Very pleased with this order. Thank you!

I have yet to try this line of sock out from Carhartt. But I have tried the normal socks and love them. They are a well made sock that stay up. (I wear a crew sock) They had a little thickness to the bottom of the sock that gives a great comfort all the time. Can't wait for winter to try it's best!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cold Weather Socks Cold Weather Socks Cold Weather Socks