Sunday 9 January 2011

Dish Cloths


I got a set of the blues for my kitchen and love them enough to get a second set immediately.



These are replacing perfectly functional cotton cloths; I love the microfiber in comparison. It does a great job of cleaning up and they dry so quickly... don't have to worry about them getting mildewy stinky. They absorb huge amounts of liquid, so they're great for cleaning up spills. They are also good for regular cleaning, including dusting and bathroom cleaning. They seem to be great at cleaning shiny surfaces, w/o leaving lint or streaks behind, and they're mildly abrasive if you want to use them that way to scrub a spot.



Since some have asked about this: The size is about 12" square. There are also towels available in this brand if that's what you're looking for.



I've since gotten some more as gifts. Warning on the pink! The "fruit punch" set looked to me to be what I'd call "pastels", but the colors are all snappier than I understood from the photo. The yellow and green are fine for the person I plan to gift these with, but the pink is LOUD, maybe a hot pink. (I think I was expecting more of a bubblegum.) So I might return the "fruit punch" set. DII Microfiber Cloth, Blues, Set of 6

I did a bit of research on microfiber cloths before buying these. There are some being made substandard since the microfiber become so popular. These had an 80/20 split of the fibers they are made of and all I read said that it should be at least 70/30, so I felt good about them.



They are the size of your standard washcloths, so they are not good if your are looking to replace your dish towels. For cleaning they are a perfect size, however. I love that one side is more textured than the other making it great for tougher jobs.



Just dampen them and go to work. Did a great job on all the LCD screens in the house. I have dusted and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen with these so far and I have not been disappointed.



Remember, you can't dry these or wash them with different colored cloths as they will start to pick up fibers from them. I got this set to try and I am ordering more sets in the same colors so that I won't have to do so many small loads.

These dishwashing towels work great on granite surfaces. They are very absorbent and don't leave streak marks. I had previously purchased them at Garden Ridge, but they no longer carried this size. I was excited when I found them!

As a few have stated before, they are small. These Microfiber dish cloths are the size of washcloths, which was a little off-putting at first. But after using them a couple of times I realized they really don't need to be big at all. I used to use large Microfiber towels, like the ones you would use to dry you car with, but often found them to be too big. These absorb just as much water as you would expect out of a towel this size, which is quite a bit. After they are saturated, simply rise them and ring them out. They dry our dishes just fine, and can clean up spills really well.



These towels do bleed, particularly the red and orange ones. After soaking them in the sink for a bit and a couple of washes in the washing machine they were fine. Don't use a fabric softener with a microfiber towel. Not in the washer and not in the dryer. The chemicals in the softeners will coat the

microfibers, keeping them from working like they should.

I use these everywhere - in the bathroom to wipe up the sink top, to dust the furniture, to wash dishes, to dry the dishes. Nice and thick and seemingly durable (time will tell). Set of 6, so you can always have a clean one around. I'm happy with these cloths.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information