Saturday 25 December 2010

Study Aid - study aid, book stand


I purchased this product to hold my big textbooks at a better angle for reading and highlighting. It's very stable and sturdy without being heavy. I love that you can collapse it down flat and store it when not in use. This is the second one of these types that's I've purchase. The first on was the Jasmine, a little smaller than this one. I was so thrilled with that one when it arrived, that I immediately ordered this bigger one. I use both to hold books and other study materials. It's really a neck and back saver instead of hunching over to read. The page holders do a great job at holding open even big bulky books. If you're into studying for an extended period, it's definitely worth the investment. Freesia Book Stand (19.6" X 11.8" Bookstand / Bookstands / Holder / Cookbook / Music)

This product is very sturdy and durable. Not too heavy, but not so lightweight that a good college textbook will collapse it. It works wonderful for all my college textbooks, including the oversize, heavy one. Even holds it with all the weight on one side, for example reading the first chapter or the last chapter in the textbook. The support is sturdy as well, and keeps the books upright where I set it. Multiple settings for the upright position, depending upon the angle you want. Truly beats the competition, as the prior stands I tried were so flimsy that they collapsed under the weight of the books. What a relief to find this book stand! A great buy!

I live in a small house, (800 square feet), and have gotten rid of 80% of the books I once owned; preferring unobscured windows and uncluttered spaces to book filled rooms. (Having a book-filled Kindle has really helped too.) Many of the books I have left are large and heavy, often picture filled, reference and art books mostly. Every time I got out one of these monsters and attempted to read it my back and neck suffered from the effort. I found I was not reading them as much as I would have liked to just because it was often physically painful to do so. This large book stand solved my problem. At the moment it has an eight pound twenty inch wide, (when opened), 400 page book. I'm happily making my way through it in comfort. The clips on the bottom work great at keeping it open. I can drink coffee or eat while I'm reading. It's sturdy and steady. I kind of blanched at the price, especially after the $11 shipping was added, but I am very happy with my purchase.

This can hold 3-inch thick, 5-pound college textbooks with no problem.

This is incredibly easy to fold & unfold.

The wood panels are solid & the plastic base is sturdy.

Just like the previous reviewer, I think this is truly a neck & back saver.

I bought these as gifts for my nephews & they love them.

I highly recommend this well-made product. :)

I love this book stand. I bought it to hold my textbooks and it works perfectly. Also it's very light, but study enough to hold my huge Medical Surgical textbook. This item is a must for anyone who has to sit and study for long periods of time.

I used this stand to hold a heavy Math book and was very pleased with this product. Easy to customize display angles. Highly recommended for large books and looks decent as well. Not 5 stars because no product is "perfect".

Before I got this I hunched over my books, or propped them up on myself or pillows, never satisfactorily. When you're in nursing school and you have huge books, setting them on your lap for extended periods is a recipe for pain. This is versatile and easy to use. I actually got the smaller version (the Jasmine) as well for those two book sessions, and use them both. The items showed up quickly and in perfect condition. I would buy it again. The nesting feature (where you put the smaller stand on top of the bigger stand didn't work well for the huge books I have) (even small nursing books tend to be heavy... but for 'normal books', the nesting would work fine. I often used the stands on my bed, so I'd put a newspaper or plastic place mat under them when I had a reallllly heavy book...



My only wish was that I'd bought them my first semester in school.



<smile>

After reading many great reviews about this item, I had to try it for myself (already had 2 other ones that would not stably stand with big and heavy books). I would have to say, after putting many books of different lengths and weight, I think this product is very well made, great quality and style, and worth the money.

I love this item. It is large enough to hold any text book and adjustable to eliminate glare from any light. A must have tool for any one who spends a lot of time in front of a text book. It DOES however, take up a fair amount of space so plan accordingly.

My husband got this book stand for me for Christmas this year, so I've had it for about three months now, and I love it. I am a grad school student, and it's lightweight and compact enough for me to use anywhere at home or to stick in my backpack when I go to the library to study. I do use it for my textbooks, but more often now, I use it for my iPad, since I'm able to buy Kindle versions of most of my textbooks now. The flexibility of the stand is fantastic, though you do have to wrestle with it a bit at first to find that perfect position. Since I use the stand mostly with my iPad, I don't use the page holders much, but I did use them for a music book the other day and found the page holders to match the high quality of the rest of the stand. They are quite strong and rest about 1/4 inch from the back of the stand. There is also, for some unknown reason, a moderately weak magnet embedded in the top center of the stand. I'm not sure what function it is supposed to provide, but I tested it with a light piece of metal, and it held it up reasonably well. The stand as a whole is stable and perfectly sturdy, all while being nice and lightweight. Overall, I'm very pleased with the product! - Large Book Holder - Study Aid - Bookstand - Book Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Study Aid - study aid, book stand large book holder Study Aid - study aid, book stand